The 'china doll' boy: Six-year-old, who has broken his bones more than 500 times, suffers fractures even hugging his siblings or smiling at his mother
A 'china doll' boy has suffered more than 500 fractures in his short life.
Reiko Quinlan, six, from Toronto, suffers from Osteogeneses Imperfecta Type Three, which causes him to endure agonising broken bones when he simply hugs his siblings or even just smiles at his mother.
Also known as brittle bone disease, the condition has left Reiko, who had five fractures during birth and 80 in the first year of his life, the size of a toddler and unable to walk unassisted.
The youngster longs to live a 'normal' life and often pretends not to notice when he has suffered a fracture, with his family,... read more
- 12:17 Voluntary sector strength in north Northumberland is demonstrated
- 10:22 'Last chance' to save 'too tall' Stoke-on-Trent house
- 10:22 Girlfriend of man with fake Popeye arms wants him to get...
- 14:18 VIDEO: Police on the scene of Birmingham Road incident
- 10:43 Thousands of Brits could get £10,000 in benefits compensation after...
- 12:17 Motorcyclist killed in collision on the A15 Leasingham named
- 12:20 Watch: Drugged-up teen smashes into car in police chase
- 12:17 Live as 'power cut' hits large section of Hull city centre
- 14:18 BBC 'plan' as the region proves poor relation once more
- 14:18 Police use baton round and Taser to bring down armed suspect before...
- 14:18 NHS boss wants Lancashire learning disability unit closed
- 12:17 Drivers warned of ‘white van tan’ dangers as UK continues to heat up
- 14:18 Mum wins fight for daughter’s education
- 14:18 The Politically Speaking column with Tracy Brabin MP
- 14:18 New TV probe into death at Hucknall men’s holiday apartment
- 12:17 Roy Keane 'tempted to foul child' in throwback vid with 12-year-old...
- 12:20 There really was a bull in a Lancashire china shop
- 12:20 Hope Akpan helped make Sean Scannell's mind up to move from...
- 12:17 Multi-vehicle crash causes delays on A19
- 14:18 School says goodbye to long-serving head
- 12:20 Armed robbery at Sutton pawnbrokers
- 12:20 Man wielding longbow arrested in Rugby
- 12:17 School’s global community project in 2008
- 12:17 Burnley ultra-marathon man set for 3,000-mile charity challenge
- 12:17 Fun for all the family at Clowne Gala
- 12:17 Driver who ran over Chris Boardman's mum to face new trial
- 12:17 Carlisle's A689 bypass reopens following two-vehicle crash
- 12:17 Impatient BMW driver with PN15 numberplate avoids Doncaster traffic...
- 12:17 Special investigation: Hidden epidemic of military suicides
- 12:17 Police investigation after Ellesmere Port pensioner, 82, dies in M6...