The Bridlington Business column with Christine Brown
I have said many times in this column that ‘Bridlington is open for business’ and the town has a diverse range of business sectors, including commercial, retail and leisure, which support the requirements of both residents and visitors.
Across the East Riding, between 2012 and 2016, there was a net increase in jobs of 14,000.
Bridlington has played an important role in this with an approximate 10% increase in businesses in the area.
While the majority of the growth is from new businesses, there has also been inward investment from other businesses into the area that have created jobs, such... read more
- 19:17 Virgil van Dijk sends message to Liverpool team-mates ahead of...
- 19:17 Get on top of head lice and nits
- 19:17 Business Awards: entry deadline looms
- 19:14 Trump might have a solid case for emergency declaration, analysts say
- 19:14 Honda's decision is a vote of no confidence in Britain’s future
- 19:14 National Lottery to give grant to transgender children's group
- 19:14 Isis Briton Shamima Begum faces move to have citizenship revoked
- 19:11 Police confirm seven children dead in a house fire in Halifax
- 19:11 New York City bans hair discrimination to fight racism
- 19:09 IS teen to lose UK citizenship, says family
- 19:09 Fight in city centre as Bayern Munich fans sold fake Champions...
- 19:05 IS bride who wants to return home 'to have UK citizenship revoked'
- 19:04 Fans save Scottish squirrels to mark K-pop rapper J-Hope’s birthday
- 19:03 Isis bride Shamima Begum to have British citizenship revoked
- 19:03 Mohamed Salah: Juventus chief reveals transfer plans for Liverpool...
- 19:02 Owners of Leeds Hydroponic Centre want permission for tea room and...
- 19:01 West Indies v England ODI predictions: Top run-scorer, wicket-taker...
- 19:01 Presenting Percy may run this weekend despite owner’s caution
- 19:00 Inside scoop: Harrogate council on the hunt for ice cream vendors
- 19:00 Business Awards: entry deadline looms
- 19:00 Owners of Leeds Hydroponic Centre want permission for tea room and...
- 18:57 Brexit backstop: May rules out 'Malthouse compromise'
- 18:57 Spen runner Sagar defends Liversedge half marathon crown
- 18:56 Glasgow high-rise flat death treated as suspicious after 11th floor...
- 18:56 Glasgow cafe slammed for 'homophobic and misogynistic' Valentine's...
- 18:55 How evil girlfriend secretly abused boyfriend for six years leaving...
- 18:50 Liverpool CONFIRMED line-up vs Bayern Munich: Do Firmino, Mane and...
- 18:49 34 Nottinghamshire properties selling for over £1 million you might...
- 18:49 Lyon v Barcelona: Champions League last 16 – live!
- 18:49 Liverpool v Bayern Munich: Champions League last 16 – live!