The boy who suffered a stroke - on the day of his FIFTH birthday
The family of a five-year-old who fell off his scooter were stunned when doctors said he had suffered a stroke.
Callum Jones, from Runcorn, was playing outside with the new toy on his fifth birthday in March when he suddenly fell to the ground and started shaking.
His mum, Leanne, said she took him to hospital but, since he was discharged, it had sometimes felt "like a different boy came home with us".
She said she and medical staff initially suspected he was having epileptic fits or seizures. She said he was even diagnosed with epilepsy - and given drugs for it.
But she said they... read more
- 10:52 Six sensational Thai restaurants in Warwick and Leamington
- 10:52 Crime chief says there's 'near to zero' chance of him re-running...
- 10:52 The amount of profit Jaguar Land Rover makes each second
- 10:52 Emergency services taking part in multi-agency training exercise
- 10:52 Fiat 500 review: New version of Car Share star will put a smile on...
- 10:50 Katie Hopkins to speak at far-right rally with Holocaust denier
- 10:50 Preston Grasshoppers 31, Sedgley Park Tigers 36
- 10:45 'We're having a look at many players' Darren Moore on Bakary Sako...
- 10:45 Explained: Why Wolves will continue shock the Premier League's...
- 10:43 Girl, 12, clings to sister’s hand in heartbreaking final photo...
- 10:41 999 crews race to two vehicle crash
- 10:40 HMP Frankland warned over failings in prisoners' safe health care...
- 10:39 The crime matters column with Supt Paula Booth
- 10:39 UPDATE: M6 re-opened to northbound traffic at Charnock Richard...
- 10:39 Pedestrian killed in early-hours accident near Boroughbridge
- 10:37 UPDATE: M6 re-opened to northbound traffic at Charnock Richard...
- 10:37 Early hours search for missing person in Blackpool
- 10:36 Anthony Joshua leaves Tyson Fury RAGING for what he did after...
- 10:35 Reaching out to help overcome loneliness
- 10:34 UPDATE: M6 re-opened to northbound traffic at Charnock Richard...
- 10:34 Five-year-old Yorkshire girl left fighting for life after doctors...
- 10:32 Get nostalgic with the return of hair clips for AW18
- 10:31 Burgon to set out Labour's five demands to tackle prisons crisis
- 10:32 Sister of Paul Hollywood’s girlfriend ‘rails against ex-wife after...
- 10:31 Sophie Walker: ‘The age of lad culture set us back a lot’
- 10:30 Woman fighting for life after car crashes off bridge onto railway line
- 10:29 Emergency services taking part in multi-agency training exercise
- 10:28 A short and sweet history of Kendal Mint Cake
- 10:26 UPDATE: M6 re-opened to northbound traffic at Charnock Richard...
- 10:25 Girl, 15, died after eating Pret sandwich on flight