Terminally ill woman, 22, turns down organ donors so she can do her bucket list
A terminally ill 22-year-old has told of how she made the difficult decision to turn down a new heart and lungs as she wanted to be well enough to tick off her bucket list.
Channan Petrides, who has incurable disease cystic fibrosis, has been on the transplant list since September 2014 – but chose to remove herself after learning of the hidden risks the operation would pose.
She said her loved ones struggled with her decision at first – with some even refusing to speak to her – but are now fully supportive and understand her way of thinking.
Channan's bucket list Meet Ed Sheeran Spa weekend... read more
- 12:38 The Sleeping Beauty
- 12:38 Police say body found in Humber remains unidentified in new update
- 12:37 Remainer Nottinghamshire residents gearing up for People’s Vote march
- 12:37 Police caught Derbyshire drug-user after he was smoking cannabis at...
- 12:36 Only way to restore our prestige and avoid international...
- 12:36 Climate shift means end of the road for cars and more investment in...
- 12:36 Conservation gains but farm advice pains in North York Moors...
- 12:36 Supermassive black hole at Milky Way’s centre linked to mysterious...
- 12:36 Woman's terror as South Shields house attacked and car damaged
- 12:36 Can’t sing? There’s a choir being set up in Doncaster for tone deaf...
- 12:35 Samworth students are fit for business in young enterprise scheme
- 12:35 Man, 20, found guilty of pensioner's 'brutal' murder after burglary
- 12:33 Ex-firefighter embarks on new career as a train driver
- 12:32 Twin town project success
- 12:31 New charity shop with coffee bar set to open at Asfordby
- 12:31 How and why Yorkshire must lead the way in tackling air pollution –...
- 12:31 Previews Arts ahead: March 21, 2019
- 12:30 Internationally-renowned Derbyshire tourist attractions appeal for...
- 12:30 Great Horwood teenager presents Harry Kane with player of the year...
- 12:30 Firm radiates with pride over Queen’s Award
- 12:30 New plans for £4m medical centre to replace GP surgeries revealed
- 12:29 Residents' shock after Ashfield Co-op targeted by armed robbers
- 12:29 'We are petrified every day' - Stourbridge residents react after...
- 12:29 First picture of Arthur 'Bob' Gumbley's twisted killer Jason...
- 12:29 Wigan Council reclaim £2m in overpaid housing benefits
- 12:27 Miners pension campaigners optimistic after meeting minister
- 12:27 Remainer Nottinghamshire residents gearing up for People’s Vote march
- 12:27 Knife pressed against 13-year-old girl in Kettering
- 12:26 Plans for new centre at heart of IAMP set for £33million boost: Key...
- 12:26 ‘Boom’ This is the EFL update Birmingham City fear most