Tens of thousands of NHS staff ‘could be due tax refunds of up to £13,500’
Tens of thousands of NHS workers may have overpaid tax and N.I. contributions while on training, according to MoneySavingExpert.
The staff may be due refunds of up to £13,500 – due to the way tax payments where processed while NHS staff were on ‘Widening Access Training’ scheme since 1999.
Some NHS employees may have overpaid tax due to being taxed as if the scheme was paid work – whereas it offered some tax and NI exemption.
But who is – and isn’t – entitled to a refund is fairly complicated, so it’s worth reading MoneySavingExpert’s detailed guide.
MORE: Here’s 5 tips to help you get... read more
- 05:08 The golden rule
- 05:04 Here's how your charity can get a free website designed by 77...
- 04:54 Co-op Funeralcare undertakers' fury over huge pay cut or redundancy...
- 04:54 Golfer bags hole-in-one while completing gruelling 10 rounds in one...
- 04:54 Scot stunned after pal flies 4000 miles to tell him 'you're it' in...
- 04:54 'Limbs in the loch' monster William Beggs must die in jail says...
- 04:54 Roadchef workers hope 20-year battle over unpaid millions will...
- 04:54 Family honour 92-year-old D-Day survivor after fatal motorbike crash
- 04:54 'It bit and tore into my arm' Postman tells of terrifying ordeal as...
- 04:50 English bulldog Zsa Zsa scoops World's Ugliest Dog top prize
- 04:40 Prince William continues Middle East tour
- 04:20 Stormy Daniels 'to meet prosecutors on Michael Cohen case'
- 04:14 Doctor on trial over Spain 'stolen babies' scandal
- 04:14 The Indian actresses caught in a US 'prostitution' racket
- 04:14 Burning Cameroon: Images you're not meant to see
- 03:56 Big Partnership in bumper bonus pay-out
- 03:53 Donald Hall, US poet laureate and prize-winning man of letters,...
- 03:53 Roseanne Barr apologises in teary interview: 'I've made myself a...
- 03:47 Hollywood film wants YOU to star alongside Margot Robbie and get paid
- 03:08 NSW display class, style and flamboyance in State of Origin win
- 03:07 What’s in a wink? Lessons from Clinton, Corbyn and Rihanna
- 02:41 'I trusted my daughter's abuser with my life'
- 02:41 Scottish trade delegation heads to Berlin
- 02:41 Questions over Swansea Bay tidal lagoon decision delay
- 02:36 'New Zealand wants you': the problem with tech at the edge of the...
- 02:22 'Shakespeare would recognise this theatre... except the scaffolding'
- 02:19 Highly trained, respected and free: why Finland's teachers are...
- 02:17 £67m tax bill of bust scrap dealer firm
- 01:52 UK Top 40 singles chart to include video streaming figures
- 01:50 Love Island's Zara Holland reveals she's on anti depressants two...