Teenager faces jail over acid attacks on London moped riders
A teenager who threw acid at moped riders in attempts to steal their vehicles has been told by a judge to expect a lengthy jail sentence.
Derryck John threw corrosive liquid at six drivers in north and east London in the space of just over an hour on 13 July, causing one victim “life-changing” injuries, Wood Green crown court heard.
John, 17, admitted six counts of throwing a corrosive liquid with intent to “disable, burn, maim, disfigure or cause grievous bodily harm”, two counts of robbery and four counts of attempted robbery.
The judge Noel Lucas QC adjourned sentencing and said: “The... read more
- 16:48 Boy, 11, mauled by dogs in park forced to re-home own pets
- 16:48 'Multiple vehicle' pile-up on M6 in Lancashire
- 16:48 Man, 75, pops into shelter every day and has a nap with cats
- 16:45 Thief smashes his way into Kapow and steals claw hammer in string...
- 16:45 Man arrested outside Buckingham Palace on suspicion of having Taser
- 16:42 Spreading the flood resilience message
- 16:40 Man held over 'Taser' at Buckingham Palace
- 16:38 Leeds spice: Everything you should know about how the drug is...
- 16:37 Mablethorpe runners complete Humber Coastal Half
- 16:36 Thug stamped on woman’s head repeatedly then trashed her home
- 16:36 Labour pledge to fund alcohol care team in every NHS England hospital
- 16:36 Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri SLAMS Premier League scheduling after...
- 16:33 How to spot signs of a heart attack, ahead of World Heart Day
- 16:32 'Multiple vehicle' pile-up on M6 in Lancashire
- 16:31 ‘Time to reflect on another young life being taken in our city’...
- 16:31 ‘Extremely challenging' night for officers in Sheffield who dealt...
- 16:31 Sheffield Supertram passengers warned of cancellations on purple route
- 16:26 Katerina by James Frey – digested read
- 16:25 'Every fan wants one in their team' - Leeds United expert on...
- 16:24 'Multiple vehicle' pile-up on M6 in Lancashire
- 16:21 Anthony Joshua: Critics must now shut up after modern day great...
- 16:21 'Multiple vehicle' pile-up on M6 in Lancashire
- 16:20 Timeline: Flashback to 1969
- 16:20 Police looking for missing boy, 15, who has links to Leicestershire
- 16:20 Watch moment tractor explodes as firefighters tackle blazing...
- 16:18 Kilmarnock 2 Celtic 1: Hoops legend brands team 'very ordinary'...
- 16:17 Welfare spending for UK's poorest shrinks by £37bn
- 16:16 Rudstone Walk boss speaks out after shock closure of wedding venue
- 16:16 Hartlepool health chiefs pledge to ‘dive deep’ to tackle drug and...
- 16:14 Pardoned film-maker James Ricketson lands back in Australia