Teaching union emergency motion on “fast-track” recruits
Scotland’s biggest teaching union is to debate an emergency motion opposing controversial Scottish Government plans to” fast-track” new graduates into teaching at its annual general meeting which begins today.
The unusual move by the Educational Institute for Scotland (EIS) to hold a special meeting at its conference in Perth on the issue comes after it emerged last week the Scottish Government is “shortly” to tender for placing high-performing graduates in schools.
It is believed the Scottish Government, under pressure due to the shortage of almost 700 full and part-time teaching posts,... read more
- 17:08 Santa's grotto to launch at St George's Shopping Centre in Preston
- 17:07 Buckingham holds moving Remembrance Day events
- 17:06 Calling North Kirklees business owners! We want to tell your story!
- 17:04 BINNED: Kingdom litter squad are KICKED OUT of Liverpool for good
- 17:04 Ex-UBS trader Kweku Adoboli being deported
- 17:03 Attempted child abductions: Police speaking to three men
- 17:03 STRICTLY IN BLACKPOOL: Iconic show heads to the Pleasure Beach
- 17:02 Men ‘doused supermarket in petrol before setting it alight in...
- 17:02 WhatsApp’s next update could change the way you ask people out on...
- 17:02 Lisa takes Nepal cycle challenge
- 17:01 Man Utd news: Gary Neville slams £50m signing: ‘Does he change a...
- 17:01 Skegness butchers are a ‘cut above’ the rest after winning UK...
- 16:58 How to flip a coin if you don't have a coin
- 16:56 Liverpool news: Virgil van Dijk makes transfer promise amid...
- 16:55 Critically acclaimed MGMT prepare to play Leeds show
- 16:56 Rail strike - here is how and when you can travel this weekend
- 16:55 Liversedge suffer County Cup exit
- 16:55 Calling North Kirklees business owners! We want to tell your story!
- 16:55 North Somercotes pupil bags limited edition diamond Blue Peter Badge
- 16:55 Starter pack charity for disadvantaged mums and babies...
- 16:55 Tony Blair condemns ‘pointless Brexit in name only – the worst of...
- 16:54 Taskforce warns of risk to children from 'county lines' gangs
- 16:54 Claudio Ranieri fastens in for Premier League homecoming at Fulham
- 16:54 European Tour’s chief executive remains bullish as headaches mount
- 16:54 Accounts clerk caught drink driving
- 16:53 Dad's burger van destroyed hours after text accuses partner of...
- 16:53 Rail strike - here is how and when you can travel this weekend
- 16:52 Calling North Kirklees business owners! We want to tell your story!
- 16:52 Accounts clerk caught drink driving
- 16:52 'The worst we've seen since 2010' - why lawns and parks around...