Taxpayer to fork out another £360k for V&A Dundee as showpiece museum gets public cash boost
The taxpayer will be forced to stump up an extra £361,000 to fund the new V&A museum in Dundee.
The Scottish Government yesterday announced the cash injection will be paid in its first year.
The venue – which is due to open on September 15 – had already secured a £10million public money package.
Management will receive £1million a year for the first 10 years the museum is in operation.
But the extra cash takes Government support for the design museum to £1.36million for 2018-19.
Culture Secretary Fiona Hyslop said: “The Scottish Government have long been a committed supporter of the... read more
- 02:20 Cancer doctor shortage 'puts care at risk'
- 02:18 Here is Jennifer Lopez's £1.4m ring - and five of the best celeb...
- 01:50 Chinese goths post selfies in protest after subway incident
- 01:37 UK scientists join race for lab-grown meat
- 01:12 Preston schoolgirl Saira Ali wins a national LEGO competition by...
- 01:08 Scott Morrison rules out One Nation preference deal after...
- 01:08 Nebraska floods: private pilots fly in to help city walled off by...
- 01:02 Sudoku 4,323 medium
- 00:54 Guardian readers help write history
- 00:52 Man's 400-mile drive to help stranger visit dying mother
- 00:52 'Stupid' Cadbury treasure hunt ad withdrawn after complaints
- 00:35 Italy's La Scala opera house to return Saudi millions
- 00:34 No-deal Brexit could mean £130m hit to research budgets
- 00:32 Russell Galley: Working together to put end to financial exclusion
- 00:29 Children predict future to have flying cars and robot waiters
- 00:27 Why are Venezuelans seeking refuge in crypto-currencies?
- 00:21 England’s post-16 qualifications to be streamlined
- 00:19 Mark Casci: Celebrating what is great and good about Yorkshire...
- 00:19 Flying cars and robot waiters in children's views of the future
- 00:17 Home leasehold system needs reform, say MPs
- 00:17 World's most expensive cities revealed
- 00:16 Children predict future to have flying cars and robot waiters
- 00:16 Women's NCAA Tournament: 11-time champs UConn miss out on No1 seed
- 00:12 UK breast cancer death rates falling fastest in ‘big six’ of Europe
- 00:12 Use forecast to talk about climate change, urges ex-BBC presenter
- 00:12 MPs call for Viagogo boycott and shake-up of ticket touting laws
- 00:12 Discrimination against urban music persists, says report to MPs
- 00:07 Alun Wyn Jones says don’t rule out Warren Gatland coaching England
- 00:02 British billionaire holds Chelsea takeover talks as Roman...
- 23:32 Watch BBC One's brand new trailer for Gentleman Jack