Talks about how to invest £350,000 in Copeland towns extended
TALKS about how to invest £350,000 in Copeland’s four towns has been extended for a further two weeks.
Copeland Borough Council aims to revitalise public spaces in Whitehaven, Cleator Moor, Egremont and Millom. Residents and visitors now have until October 12 to submit their thoughts on the proposals through an online survey.
The proposal for Whitehaven focuses on King Street and Market Place. It suggests replacing the current paving materials to create a consistent approach and includes a paving feature at each end of King Street.
Proposals also include a new seating area, rain gardens and... read more
- 09:25 Conservatives hold Oundle seat in Northants County Council by-election
- 09:25 Shamima Begum ‘willing to change’ in plea to retain British...
- 09:24 The Shift: Women on the Force - when it is on and where to watch it
- 09:24 Alexander Wang is selling a gold condom keyring for £185
- 09:22 Man in hospital following another stabbing in broad daylight in...
- 09:22 Pulwama attack: India government must protect Kashmiris - top court
- 09:20 Oscars 2019: How Richard E Grant took over role from Chris O'Dowd
- 09:20 Charity demands MPs take action on recording ex-military suicides
- 09:19 Labour MP Ian Austin quits party
- 09:19 Leeds football team have £6,000 worth of cash, phones and watches...
- 09:19 Firefighters called to car fire near Stretton on Dunsmore
- 09:18 St Johnstone looking to pick up where they left off against Rangers
- 09:18 Dundee look to pile the pressure on relegation rivals
- 09:18 Falkirk ready to go ‘toe to toe’ with Dundee United
- 09:18 Five tips to improve your home safety
- 09:18 Championship news and rumours: Liverpool and Everton remain...
- 09:18 The Shift: Women on the Force - when it is on and where to watch it
- 09:17 16 and 17 year olds could be banned from buying scratchcards
- 09:17 Pilot scheme to support St Helens children and families before they...
- 09:17 St Helens Council to offer financial support to care leavers
- 09:17 Temperatures continue to soar with a sunny weekend forecast for...
- 09:16 Man in hospital following another stabbing in broad daylight in...
- 09:16 Piling work on former Futurist site is now complete
- 09:15 Residents flee from Halifax building as fire breaks out in flat
- 09:15 Fly-past marks 75 years since bomber plane crashed to ‘save life of...
- 09:14 Live as police seal off Albion Street and launch major investigation
- 09:14 Europa League Draw dates: When will Chelsea and Arsenal be in last...
- 09:13 Puffin numbers on the Farne Islands rally after initial concern
- 09:11 Live: Area of Fosse Park cordoned off by police
- 09:11 This week’s fascinating pictures of Worksop’s past