Take a butcher's at the family who have been pulling pints for 110 years
They’ve been pulling pints for more than a hundred years keeping villagers happy.
Richard Whitley Jones, landlord of The Butchers Arms in Nercwys, is the third generation of his family to run the pub after his grandparents took the watering hole over in 1907.
And two world wars, five monarchs and 21 prime minister later, the pub is still in the family’s hands.
However, Mr Whitley Jones, who is hopeful his daughter can continue the great family tradition, said times in the industry were tougher than ever.
The landlord of 42 years, who bought out the pub in 1991, said: “We can hope but with... read more
- 13:35 Model whose face was melted in acid attack on 21st birthday shares...
- 13:35 Man Utd transfer news: Jose Mourinho was offered Atletico Madrid...
- 13:32 'Lowlife' thieves steal nurse's car in Headingley
- 13:32 Beauty tips: the joy of highlighters
- 13:31 Unlucky England fan travels to Russia for World Cup game against...
- 13:31 New move in £16.8m football hubs project
- 13:30 Meet Coventry's most famous dog with an army of Instagram followers
- 13:29 Dare to dream: Eleven things that would definitely happen if...
- 13:28 Ulverston to celebrate retro cycling
- 13:26 State of Origin 2018: New South Wales down Queensland to win series
- 13:25 Birmingham’s chip shop queen Artemis Pili dies aged 100
- 13:23 Why Meghan wears shoes that are too big for her
- 13:22 Teenage jogger who accidentally crossed border from Canada to the...
- 13:22 Britain is on the brink of a halloumi shortage - and cheese lovers...
- 13:20 Ukraine Roma camp attack leaves one dead
- 13:20 Man Utd transfer news: Kylian Mbappe linked with STUNNING move...
- 13:20 Theatre company marks half a century of performances at unique open...
- 13:20 Cadet officers honoured by Queen in ceremony at Belvoir Castle
- 13:17 This is what it is like to be pulled over by police and breathalysed
- 13:16 Family devastated after WW2 veteran grandfather's ashes stolen from...
- 13:16 Majority of Scots ‘would pay more tax to help NHS’
- 13:10 Labour frontbenchers defend no show at anti-Brexit march
- 13:10 Outcry as thousands of Solihull residents await replacement bins
- 13:07 USA follow victory over Scotland with six-try beating of Canada
- 13:04 Kylian Mbappe next club odds: Man City out in front in race to sign...
- 13:00 Vets urge pet owners to protect pets as temperatures soar
- 12:59 Gareth Southgate sends message to England players ahead of...
- 12:58 Boy, six, seriously injured in horror motorbike hit-and-run at...
- 12:55 Firms shortlisted for rural awards
- 12:55 Police hunt burglar who stole £200 Nike trainers from Barrow house