Syrian refugees receive donations from Kenilworth Lions
Refugees in Syria have been delivered items donated from the Kenilworth Lions Furniture Store to help improve their lives.
The charity 'Helping Hands for Syria' often visited the store in Farmer Ward Road, and asked the Lions to see if they could help the charity with donations.
The Lions agreed, and helped by donating beds, walking aids and many other items to enhance the lives of those living in the refugee camps in Syria.
A Lions spokesman said: "We were delighted to be able to offer practical help and support to a charity doing such wonderful work to help the many innocent victims... read more
- 23:53 No threat seen as Rugby Australia gives blessing to rival competition
- 23:48 Ariana Grande debuts short hair - and fans go wild
- 23:38 Who should you vote for in the Victorian election?
- 23:33 Cuba pulls doctors out of Brazil amid row
- 23:33 Chelsea set to win race for Borussia Dortmund’s £70m-rated star...
- 23:33 Djokovic offers solution to Federer and Zverev debate on ATP calendar
- 23:33 Emma Bunton relaunches solo career despite Spice Girls reunion
- 23:26 Moment drunk driver deliberately crashes into crowd of people...
- 23:26 Georgia Democrat Stacey Abrams to challenge governor poll loss
- 23:23 ‘I wasn’t rusted to either side’: Ricky Muir makes another tilt at...
- 23:15 Trump 'personally answers Mueller Russia questions'
- 23:11 How long can gin stay in high spirits?
- 23:11 Turkey who became mayor of town is wanted by police for...
- 23:05 Arsene Wenger advises Paris Saint-Germain to sign Arsenal contract...
- 22:57 Arsenal hierarchy say club never pursued super league breakaway
- 22:57 Claudio Ranieri puts burgers on menu to beef up Fulham survival...
- 22:57 Gareth Southgate urges England to put World Cup lessons to use...
- 22:57 Netherlands secure victory over France to condemn Germany to...
- 22:55 Trump blames California wildfires on forest mismanagement again
- 22:52 Homeless man died waiting for his dog after being kicked out of...
- 22:48 Publisher of the 'i' newspaper sets out rescue plan
- 22:47 ATP Finals: Cilic makes prediction for Federer v Zverev and...
- 22:40 Brexit turmoil: Small businesses 'fed up with the whole thing'
- 22:39 Greens event won’t have formal debate on Jeremy Buckingham allegations
- 22:39 Stacey Abrams: Republican Brian Kemp will be Georgia's next governor
- 22:38 Neymar’s penalty gives Brazil win over Uruguay in lacklustre friendly
- 22:38 England must turn on style against Japan to slip into World Cup...
- 22:38 The Scotsman owner Johnston Press goes into administration
- 22:38 Man injured as police race to Renfrewshire town to deal with incident
- 22:38 Brexiteers in plan to shift May on EU deal