Sweet Georgia-Mae Fenton gifts her Commonweatlh gold to mum but Max Whitlock has to settle for silver
While England’s greatest gymnast was realising that there are no gifts in his sport, the team’s newest champion was thinking quite the opposite.
That much was laid bare in a breathless admission from Georgia-Mae Fenton shortly after the 17-year-old received her Commonwealth Games gold medal in the uneven bars.
The medal, she explained, would need to serve a dual purpose.
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Yohan Blake reveals his compatriot Usain Bolt has been... England basketball players Jamell Anderson and Georgia Jones... Duncan Scott stuns Olympic champions Chad le Clos and Kyle... Max... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 00:14 REVIEW: Poptastic Steps wow crowds at Lytham Festival
- 00:14 Pizza, popcorn - Sleights pupils’ sleepover at school raises more...
- 00:14 Victim speaks out after sex attacker jailed for 23 years
- 00:14 New low for Northants as they are beaten by Derbyshire
- 00:14 Police make second arrest in Shaun Lyall death
- 00:14 Headteacher says councillors 'must do better' after branding his...
- 00:14 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and travel
- 00:14 Steelbacks set to make more changes for Bears battle