Suspected stolen car hits parked car in Coventry
This was the scene after a suspected stolen car smashed in to a parked car in Allesley this morning.
Police were alerted to a car key burglary in Warwick at around 4.30am and a black Nissan was tracked from the town, along the M42 and A45, and eventually in to Coventry.
The Nissan was found in a street in Allesley having hit a car on a driveway, but the driver was nowhere to be seen.
However, officers later made an arrest.
A spokesman for Warwickshire Police said: “Police were called about 4.34am this morning to a report of a car key burglary from a property in the Heathcote area of... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 19:31 Dates set for TWO demonstrations to force disgraced MP Andrew...
- 19:00 Scottish Government tourism campaign accused of ‘pushing SNP message’
- 19:01 Premier League transfer news: Lewandowski, Malcom, Ospina
- 19:31 Mum says school is like a 'prison' as son, 7, is kept in at break...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 19:00 Guns drawn as armed police surround car in Coventry street
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 19:31 Fake news claiming Rowan Atkinson has died are 'linked to scam' and...
- 18:59 Man dies after being knocked down in shopping centre car park
- 16:54 Alisson to Liverpool complete: Goalkeeper dubbed 'WORSE than...
- 18:59 Developer ups social housing offer for student flats complex
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 16:54 Ambulance workers to strike this weekend
- 17:26 Tax payers left to cover Government funding cuts for Derbyshire Police
- 19:31 Watch terrified mum and tot flee car as dad hauled out in violent...
- 19:00 Death driver suspect appears in court over Foleshill crash
- 17:19 Murder and manslaughter rates revealed by police for every area of...
- 19:31 Compromise over 'ridiculous' plans to close popular riverside...
- 18:59 Brother pays tribute to 'kind, caring and fearless' Sheffield...
- 17:26 Widow has bank account frozen for WEEKS after mystery deposit...
- 16:54 The dramatic moment police officers take down burglary suspect...
- 18:59 Ambulance staff to press on with strikes
- 16:54 Horror smash at level crossing in South Yorkshire leads to safety...
- 20:58 Summer getaway warning as motorists face 'frantic Friday' congestion
- 16:54 Impressive results at Outwood Primary Academy Greystone
- 18:59 Lancashire recommends... the best children's play parks in Lancashire
- 17:19 Dinosaurs on prowl in garden at Harlow Carr
- 17:19 Special 50p coin sold on eBay for hundreds - but do you have one?
- 16:54 Flybe releases details of its summer 2019 flights from Doncaster...