Sunderland street cordoned off by police
A street in Sunderland has been cordoned off by police as they deal with incident. Officers have cordoned off Belvedere Road in the city centre tonight.
A spokesman for Northumbria Police said: "We are currently dealing with an ongoing incident."
They said they couldn't comment further at this stage.
Go North East, Tweeted: "Services 38 38C unable to operate via Belvedere Road due to police incident. Service Diverted via The Ceders Ashbrooke Range and Queen Alexandra Road. Normal route From Tunstall Road."
Bid to turn village home into dental surgery rejected over... read more
- 16:19 Revealed: Aston Villa star in contract stand-off after Leeds United...
- 16:19 The Manchester United transfer news that all Aston Villa fans have...
- 16:19 Working relationship between officers and councillors no longer...
- 16:19 Seven new trees find a home on Northampton park with help of...
- 16:19 Mother burnt her two toddlers with cigars then claimed they’d been...
- 16:19 Illegal cigarette raid shop has licence stubbed out in Wolverhampton
- 16:19 The insect apocalypse is upon us as research shows dramatic species...
- 16:19 This is what West Bromwich Albion think of Birmingham City
- 16:19 First police withdrew from scene where three died at St Patrick’s...
- 16:19 Rare original royal charter dating back 819 years discovered
- 16:18 Trump expands global gag rule that blocks US aid for abortion groups
- 16:18 Wanted: 15 people police urgently want to speak to in Wakefield
- 16:17 This is why part of the A444 will be closed from tomorrow
- 16:17 Brits to bask in scorching April heatwave
- 16:17 Dakota fly-past lined up for Mansfield Armed Forces Day
- 16:17 The pictures Liverpool fans DIDN'T want to see ahead of title...
- 16:16 Road closure at South Shields seafront to last until end of week
- 16:16 Major burst water main causing disruption in Rotherham
- 16:16 RFU opposes Nations Championship owing to ‘catastrophic’ relegation...
- 16:16 Did the Channel 5 show 'Britain's Favourite Crisps' get it right?
- 16:15 Parkfield School teachers 'shaking, losing weight and stressed'...
- 16:15 Tory MP Christopher Chope says knife crime victims can avoid being...
- 16:14 Scientists issue crops warning over long-term pollinator losses
- 16:14 Fifty strong choir entertains Padiham audience at church venue
- 16:13 Firecrews called to Hartlepool house blaze in early hours of morning
- 16:12 British food festival to return to Harewood
- 16:11 Ground broken for £10 million technology centre in Leamington
- 16:11 Brits to bask in scorching April heatwave
- 16:11 British food festival to return to Harewood
- 16:10 Major burst water main causing disruption in Rotherham