Suicidal teenager rescued from motorway bridge.
A TEENAGER who threatened to jump from a motorway bridge has been rescued by the emergency services.
Police, Fire and Ambulance crews attended the scene at junction 17 of the M60 at Prestwich at 9pm on Monday.
The motorway was closed in both directions for almost an hour to allow a hydraulic platform to be put into position.
Whitefield Fire Station watch manager, Mr Tony Wellock, said: "A 19-year-old female had left hospital and made for the bridge. She climbed onto the outer protective cage of the bridge, outside the railings, and threatened to jump.
"Two policemen and two PCSOs... read more
- 21:09 Ambulance called out to incident on The Moor in Sheffield
- 21:09 Vehicle ‘flips over’ after hitting pedestrian in Sheffield
- 21:09 Man’s body discovered in Doncaster home sealed off by police
- 21:04 Liverpool star Sadio Mane dubbed the new PELE by fans after...
- 21:03 Families refusing help when they decide to home educate their children
- 21:03 Taxi bill for excluded pupils tops £1m
- 21:02 Families refusing help when they decide to home educate their children
- 21:02 Taxi bill for excluded pupils tops £1m
- 21:01 Man’s body discovered in Doncaster home sealed off by police
- 20:59 How my beloved cousin chose to die on his own terms
- 20:59 Edinburgh photographer’s breathtaking Ethiopia work shortlisted for...
- 20:57 Drug dealer sold marshmallow leaves sprayed with WD40 thinking it...
- 20:55 Joao Felix, Nicolas Pepe and the nine players 'tipped' for a...
- 20:55 Wolves boss Nuno's incredible position after regional journalists...
- 20:55 All new cars to be fitted with technology to stop drivers going...
- 20:55 ‘Cop shot librarian wife dead after she flirted with someone else’
- 20:55 Petition to revoke Article 50 rejected after hitting 5,750,000...
- 20:53 Tories fight like rats in a sack to hang on to the hard Brexit dream
- 20:52 Paedophile caught with condoms by Wolf Pack Hunters in Glasgow's...
- 20:51 Plans to upgrade key junction to fix Borders Railway delays
- 20:50 Aston Villa attacker struck down with ankle injury
- 20:49 Vehicle ‘flips over’ after hitting pedestrian in Sheffield
- 20:44 Turin Brakes to perform at Pock Arts Centre
- 20:43 Euromillions results: Winning National Lottery numbers for Tuesday...
- 20:42 Sir Paul McCartney school book sells for £47k at Beatles auction
- 20:41 Vehicle ‘flips over’ after hitting pedestrian in Sheffield
- 20:35 Scots residents describe what happens when a town loses its banks
- 20:35 MPs vote on soft Brexit and referendum as May makes last appeal
- 20:30 Dad-of-two dies suddenly after injuring himself using loft ladder...
- 20:28 Children ‘should be weighed from the age of two to avoid childhood...