Sugar: Kinder rebuked for breaking kids' advertising rules
Websites Kindernauts and Magic Kinder broke online rules on advertising foods high in fat, sugar and salt to children, a watchdog has ruled.
Campaigners have welcomed the judgement on the websites, an app and a YouTube channel that were promoting Kinder chocolate and toys.
One site promised "fun activities" - placed next to the Kinder chocolate brand.
In January Newsnight highlighted a series of advert come games on the site.
The chief executive of the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA), Guy Parker, told the programme: "You should not - if you're a company with a brand... read more
- 00:27 Jail for Brighouse knife man who attacked two men in Wyke
- 00:25 Injured Aaron Mooy ruled out of Socceroos' Asian Cup defence
- 00:25 José Mourinho: we missed out at Valencia but it’s still been a success
- 00:24 Labour veteran Dennis Skinner accused of calling SNP MP ‘a piece of...
- 00:23 University acceptance rates for students with lower grades on the rise
- 00:23 Bradford music teacher shortlisted for $1m global education prize
- 00:19 Australian cardinal George Pell removed from inner circle by Pope...
- 00:18 Six slime and putty toys sold in UK fail to meet safety standards
- 00:18 UK property market at weakest since 2012 as Brexit takes toll – Rics
- 00:11 Sudoku 4,242 hard
- 00:11 4.3m elderly people ‘at risk of not being cared for’, says report
- 00:11 EastEnders set revamp goes £27m over budget
- 00:11 Organ donors to be asked if they are religious
- 00:10 What happens now for the prime minister and her Brexit plans?
- 00:05 Champions League last-16 draw: who’s hot, who’s not and who can...
- 00:05 EastEnders new set will cost licence fee payer another £27,000,000
- 23:50 California man freed after two days trapped in restaurant grease vent
- 23:47 Donald Trump lawyer Michael Cohen jailed for three years for...
- 23:38 Brady ‘extremely proud’ as Cobblers kids push Gunners all the way
- 23:34 Manchester United captain Antonio Valencia has to be told to...
- 23:31 Arsenal consider centre-back transfer or recalling Calum Chambers...
- 23:21 Canada is seeking consular access to ex-diplomat detained in China
- 23:05 Chelsea star Alvaro Morata’s agent makes contact with Barcelona...
- 23:02 West Brom boss Darren Moore explains what's going on with free...
- 22:59 Pound jumps as May wins confidence vote then falls as small...
- 22:57 Theresa May survives no confidence vote by her fellow Conservatives...
- 22:53 Jose Mourinho names three Manchester United players who will...
- 22:53 Shock as Judy Murray reveals bizarre favourite Twitter account
- 22:45 Tottenham braced for fresh Real Madrid interest in Pochettino at...
- 22:43 Man Utd news: Marcus Rashford transfer claims RUBBISHED - 'There's...