Suffragette sites added to Historic England heritage list
More than 40 sites - including meeting halls, post boxes and prisons - have had their links to the suffragette movement officially recognised.
The sites, crucial to the campaign to get women the vote where protests were held, direct action carried out or strategies plotted, have been updated on the National Heritage List.
They include Epsom Racecourse and Manchester's Free Trade Hall.
A London post box set alight in a protest is also included.
The tomb of the movement's leader Emmeline Pankhurst, which is in London's Brompton Cemetery, has also been upgraded to Grade II*-listed.
The 41... read more
- 11:11 Man jailed for stealing £13,000 from his own family
- 11:11 Bridlington students celebrate A-level results
- 11:10 The outdoors summer has a sting in the tail for South Shore-based...
- 11:10 Burnley community farm march to Martin Mere
- 11:10 Travellers leave 'human excrement' in bushes after leaving Ormsgill...
- 11:09 Armed police escort doctor off EasyJet plane in row over leg room
- 11:09 Planning permission granted to convert listed building near Rugby...
- 11:08 Luton Town chairman urges fans to stop chants in support of Tommy...
- 11:09 A-levels 2018: Calderdale results in full
- 11:08 Team Sky’s Geraint Thomas and Chris Froome to ride in Tour of Britain
- 11:08 Date change announcement for public CCG meeting
- 11:08 Rise in car thefts in North Yorkshire, latest police data reveals
- 11:06 Mariah Carey teaches daughter to 'pose like mommy' on luxury yacht...
- 11:06 John Swinney: No "morale crisis" among Scots teachers
- 11:05 Lady Lumley's School produce record A-level results
- 11:04 Real Madrid boss Julen Lopetegui told to swoop for Crystal Palace...
- 11:03 Victor the polar bear undergoes pollen allergy test at Yorkshire...
- 11:03 Date change announcement for public CCG meeting
- 11:03 English Martyrs celebrates 99% A-level pass rate
- 11:03 AMP to compensate super investors after fresh humiliation at royal...
- 11:03 Should US mothers be paid for life-saving cord blood or placentas?
- 11:03 Dozens of homes face several hours with no or little water after...
- 11:02 A-levels 2017: Your results guide for Halifax
- 11:02 Last chance to visit Shibden Hall before it closes for filming for...
- 11:02 A-levels 2018: Calderdale results in full
- 11:02 We filmed the moment an 18-year-old opened her A Levels - and it...
- 11:01 Trial date set for Alford man charged with fraud over dead...
- 11:01 Pedestrian seriously injured and man arrested following crash in...
- 11:01 A-levels 2017: Your guide to Wakefield's results
- 11:01 A-LEVEL RESULTS: Blackpool Sixth pupils exceed their own expectations