Student at Bath Spa University dies after contracting meningitis

Student at Bath Spa University dies after contracting meningitis
 

A student at Bath Spa University has died after contracting meningococcal meningitis.
Public Health England said it was working closely with the university, NHS partners and Bath and North East Somerset council following the death.
Antibiotics have been arranged for close contacts of the student, with fellow students and staff reminded of the signs and symptoms of meningococcal infection.
The infection can cause septicaemia as well as meningitis.
Dr Toyin Ejidokun, a consultant in health protection for Public Health England south west, said: “We are very sad to hear about the death of the... read more

 
12 November 2019 in Health, Views: 76
Source: Guardian
Share:
 




News Widget for Webmasters


Realtime News

 

«
»
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
            1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31