Striking Derby school support staff demands are not 'affordable'
Demands made by striking teaching assistants in Derby are "not affordable", according to Derby City Council.
Unison, representing 2,700 school support staff, including teaching assistants, in the city, has been locked in a dispute over fair pay with the council for several months.
Staff have been on strike four times so far since the autumn term began in September and the union has said its members are prepared to fight on - with more days of action planned between now and Christmas.
A council spokesman said: "What Unison has asked for is something for everyone and therefore... read more
- 19:39 Erdogan takes commanding lead in Turkish presidential election
- 19:38 Body found after fire at Ladbroke Grove flats
- 19:34 Watch Katy Perry meet fans beside the Clyde in Glasgow ahead of...
- 19:33 New driver overtakes learner - and almost runs over man on zebra...
- 19:32 Two very different visions of Labour foreign policy
- 19:31 View from the Zoo: Birthday joy for zoo’s two red pandas
- 19:26 DUP leader Arlene Foster attends first Gaelic football final in...
- 19:26 Model shares remarkable photo of recovery after acid attack horror...
- 19:24 Retired British couple found dead in Jamaica
- 19:24 'A money-making machine': families struggle to pay Home Office charges
- 19:23 ‘In a dream world’ – England fans in Nizhny Novogorod react to...
- 19:23 Socceroos' time of transition sees baton pass from Cahill to Arzani
- 19:23 County cricket talking points: Surrey go top thanks to supreme Pope
- 19:23 Gareth Southgate: ‘We wouldn’t swap Harry Kane for anyone’
- 19:23 Wallabies prove 'tactically inept' against smarter Ireland
- 19:19 View from the Zoo: Birthday joy for zoo’s two red pandas
- 19:19 Leicester salutes services personnel at Armed Forces Day event
- 19:18 Antonia Syson obituary
- 19:18 Michael Banton obituary
- 19:13 England’s odds to win World Cup slashed after Panama thrashing
- 19:12 Man Utd transfer news: Jose Mourinho bins Alex Sandro plans, La...
- 19:12 Everton transfer news: FOUR set to follow Ramiro Funes Mori out as...
- 19:03 The slums of Hull: Starving families, people covered in filth and...
- 19:03 Mali Fula villagers were killed 'in cold blood'
- 19:03 'I still feel mutilated': victims of disgraced gynaecologist Emil...
- 19:01 View from the Zoo: Birthday joy for zoo’s two red pandas
- 18:59 Body found in search for missing Northumberland man
- 18:50 Britons Charlie and Gayle Anderson murdered in Jamaica
- 18:50 UK's 'most patriotic' street gets bunting out again for England
- 18:48 Egypt star Mohamed Salah considers retirement from...