Strangers support boy, 14, too terrified to leave home after bullies filmed attack
A schoolboy who was the victim of a ‘happy slap’ attack has received cards and gifts from kind strangers.
Callum Patterson, 14, was left too terrified to leave the house alone after he was filmed being repeatedly kicked and punched by a hooded male in April this year.
The video, shared on Snapchat, shows Callum, from Oldham, Manchester lying on the floor crying as the man drives away.
Since the attack Callum’s mum Wendy Jones, 57, claims her son no longer feels safe outside without her or his father.
She also claims her son has since been bombarded with threats to ‘stamp’ and ‘smash’ his... read more
- 13:28 Liverpool news: Joe Gomez sends warning to team-mates after PSG...
- 13:28 Man Utd star is giving Marcus Rashford extra coaching sessions...
- 13:26 East Markham Primary School get closer to exciting expansion
- 13:25 Alton Towers Smiler ride crash victims sue park's owners
- 13:24 DAYS OUT: A touch of magic at Martin Mere
- 13:22 Storm Ali weather warning issued for Lincolnshire - your...
- 13:22 Eight-week-old puppy found dumped in handbag with legs tied together
- 13:21 Pupils helped design school’s new playground which has been...
- 13:21 DAYS OUT: A touch of magic at Martin Mere
- 13:21 Castles light up in celebration of Gaelic and Scots
- 13:21 Book review: Breaking News, by Alan Rusbridger
- 13:20 Pupils helped design school’s new playground which has been...
- 13:20 North Korea summit: Diplomacy is back on track
- 13:20 ‘Lucky’ Chesterfield pensioner Danny marks 100th birthday milestone
- 13:18 Hundreds at funeral for much loved Burnley couple who died in Egypt
- 13:18 Storm Ali: 'Danger to life' wind warning extended further into...
- 13:18 Ibiza holidaymaker's plea for help finding Stacey - who could be...
- 13:16 Youngsters design their own playground at school
- 13:16 MP ‘lends a hand’ to hospital cuts protest
- 13:16 Teen must spend at least 20 years behind bars for Leeds baseball...
- 13:15 World Bank reports slower progress on extreme poverty
- 13:15 Slaughterhouse workers filmed beating cows with pipes before...
- 13:15 Daughter leads mourners at funeral for British couple who died on...
- 13:15 Music interview: RCS principal Jeffrey Sharkey on the decline in...
- 13:14 Edinburgh lesbian couple told they 'should be put in a cage' by...
- 13:13 MP ‘lends a hand’ to hospital cuts protest
- 13:12 Co-op cordoned off by police after Audi crashes at roundabout...
- 13:12 Second book by Holme author
- 13:09 Sky and Netflix join forces for 'ultimate streaming package'
- 13:09 Storm Ali: Paramedics called to damaged Topshop on Princes Street