Steve Harper and Alan Shearer support launch of world's first 'check yourself' app by cancer charity
Sportsmen and celebrities have backed the launch of the world's first "check yourself" app for testicular cancer.
Launched by The Oddballs Foundation, the app has been welcomed by the charity's legion of supporters, including international rugby teams, Premier League football clubs and celebrities around the world.
Each month, a celebrity will encourage users to check themselves, through a video uploaded to the app. Newcastle United hero Alan Shearer is the first celebrity to record his own message, where he encourages users to follow the simple steps and get checking.
The second... read more
- 02:18 US-Turkey row: Pastor a 'pawn in personal feud'
- 02:18 Ecuador tightens entry rules for Venezuelan migrants
- 01:54 Child passive smoking 'increases chronic lung risk'
- 01:48 Aston Villa's Marc Albrighton keeps feet on ground in hometown...
- 01:30 Former Louth & Horncastle MP, Sir Peter Tapsell, dies aged 88
- 01:06 Resilient travel agents fight back against Airbnb
- 00:59 Observer killer sudoku
- 00:59 Observer sudoku
- 00:57 Video: Crowd waits for Paloma at Rasen racecourse
- 00:57 Former Louth & Horncastle MP, Sir Peter Tapsell, dies aged 88
- 00:54 How quinoa is changing farmers' lives in Peru
- 00:52 Former Louth & Horncastle MP, Sir Peter Tapsell, dies aged 88
- 00:50 West Yorkshire Police makes £1.8m selling uninsured cars: Porsches,...
- 00:50 Vintage bikes theft anguish
- 00:50 Middlesex v Yorkshire: As it happened
- 00:48 Join the latest craze as zero-alcohol spirits are taking Britain's...
- 00:48 The A-word: Bonnie Estridge has Alzheimer's... but life goes on
- 00:43 Yemi Osinbajo: Why Nigeria's favourite leader won't become...
- 00:40 Video: Crowd waits for Paloma at Rasen racecourse
- 00:40 Former Louth & Horncastle MP, Sir Peter Tapsell, dies aged 88
- 00:39 Obituary: Bui Tin, the reporter who changed his country's fate
- 00:36 Idris Elba: ‘My ambition is boundless’
- 00:30 'We are real': Saudi feminists launch online radio
- 00:27 Putin urges Europe to help rebuild Syria so refugees can return
- 00:27 Kofi Annan: tributes pour in for ‘an outstanding human being’
- 00:26 End of Greek bailouts offers little hope to young
- 00:20 The French connection: How Catalonia got its ballot papers
- 00:20 Chelsea news: Eden Hazard compares Maurizio Sarri and Antonio Conte...
- 00:20 Carl Frampton beats Luke Jackson after ninth round stoppage
- 00:14 Ode to joy: how to find happiness in balloons and rainbows