Steve Archibald sets the record straight after Hibs drop embarrassing clanger
He played for clubs such as Tottenham and Barcelona in a glittering career that saw him claim Scottish Premier Division and La Liga titles.
He lifted FA Cups and won 27 caps for his country when earning a Scotland international call-up was a harder achievement than it is now.
Steve Archibald turned out for 13 clubs in a playing career that spanned 22 years and included 154 goals.
He also featured for Hibs in a season from 1988 to 1989, hitting the back of the net 15 times.
Archibald was one of Scotland’s greatest ever strikers. Or as Hibs clearly feel, a midfielder.
The Premiership side,... read more
- 10:02 Queen's Hospital to help boost health coffers - and here's how
- 10:01 Coronation Street star Helen Flanagan welcomes second baby girl
- 09:58 Mansfield’s hour-by-hour weather forecast
- 09:56 Millom pool saved from demolition after public meeting
- 09:54 Concern growing for safety of 82-year-old Peter Coyne
- 09:52 West Brom and Bobby Reid: The latest on the interest in Bristol...
- 09:50 How to deal with a nightmare landlord – here’s your rights as a tenant
- 09:49 Up to 10,000 police officers and SAS to guard Donald Trump on visit...
- 09:49 Trump press secretary told to leave restaurant ‘because she works...
- 09:48 Determined Declan sets his sights on a top ‘Italian job’
- 09:48 Lincolnshire’s fire stations to host blood donation sessions
- 09:47 Elvis Presley's private plane put up for sale after spending 36...
- 09:46 Scientists aim to stop the devastation of Zika-like pandemics
- 09:46 Fresh controversy over firefighters’ ‘stay-put’ advice at Grenfell
- 09:45 Police appeal after girl, 19, assaulted by man in Carlisle street
- 09:43 Leamington woman with footballer's name stars in TV World Cup adverts
- 09:42 Scientists aim to stop the devastation of Zika-like pandemics
- 09:41 Interview: Kevin Linfoot back in the property game
- 09:39 Chesterfield’s hour-by-hour weather forecast
- 09:34 Once you see Cats in Food, you’ll struggle to un-see them
- 09:33 Kettering mental health charity handed a £3,000 boost
- 09:32 Saudi Arabian women celebrate as driving ban lifted
- 09:26 History society book launched at Southfield House
- 09:25 Private schools shun GCSEs and A-levels
- 09:20 Manchester United signing Fred scores wonder goal in Brazil training
- 09:20 Why do footballers spit?
- 09:19 Saviour and sultan, ally and foe – west in a bind over Erdoğan
- 09:19 Born out of brutality, South Sudan, the world’s youngest state,...
- 09:18 Huge fire in Birmingham: 75 firefighters called to severe blaze in...
- 09:17 Lincolnshire’s fire stations to host blood donation sessions