Steinhoff's former chair Christo Wiese in the spotlight
Investors are meeting in London on Tuesday to decide the fate of household goods giant Steinhoff.
The firm owns 6,500 retail outlets in 30 countries, including the UK's Poundland and furniture chains Bensons and Harveys.
After revelations of accounting irregularities, Steinhoff's shares collapsed and executives resigned.
Now, shareholders must decide whether to keep Steinhoff afloat or sell off assets to recoup some money.
One person in the spotlight is Christo Wiese - Steinhoff's former chair and its largest shareholder.
He's one of South Africa's richest businessmen - and one of its most... read more
- 05:25 Office block undergoes £4m revamp
- 05:21 Revealed: Coventry has one of worst TB rates in the country
- 05:21 Are cost savings behind increase in fly-tipping in Coventry?
- 05:15 £5m University of Leicester Innovation Hub to nurture next...
- 05:15 Cummins Solicitors wants you to run a marathon relay for...
- 05:15 2018 Leicester Mercury Business Executive of the Year Awards...
- 05:12 Just one in ten of us will be smokers in 2023, say health officials
- 05:08 Brussels urged to investigate Czech PM over business empire
- 05:05 Lucy Ward and Claire Cook join BHW Solicitors in its house-building...
- 04:56 A very Australian coup: Murdoch, Turnbull and the power of News Corp
- 04:31 Wolves boss Nuno reveals the amusing story which led to him...
- 04:31 Major changes at Aston Villa as exciting transfer link emerges
- 04:31 Darren Moore said this about Craig Dawson after making him West...
- 04:31 "It's obvious they do" - Every word from Garry Monk on Lakin,...
- 04:21 Court martial clears two accused of negligence over Leicester...
- 04:07 Pioneering US ballet dancer Arthur Mitchell dies at 84
- 03:40 'We're in love but never have sex'
- 03:14 South East Coast Ambulance Service buys second-hand ambulances
- 03:12 New Zealand to pay out millions after thousands wrongly evicted for...
- 03:08 From murder capital of Europe to role model for London
- 03:08 Three in four London students 'from ethnic minorities by 2030'
- 02:57 'Don't go cold turkey' to quit smoking
- 02:21 Earthbound Games nets £750k to self-publish game
- 02:21 David Alexander comment: Retail outlet could return residents to...
- 02:21 SHE Software doubles team in one year
- 02:15 The disappearance of Fan Bingbing: is Chinese actor a victim of her...
- 02:15 Yoga ball murder: Man jailed for using poison gas to kill wife and...
- 02:13 Is the UK finally close to agreeing a Brexit deal?
- 02:07 Greater support is needed for the ‘vital’ network of unpaid carers
- 02:04 The Coral: 'We lead each other astray'