Staff at Hull company KWL to stage protest after pay talks break down
Staff at a Hull construction company will protest on Saturday morning after union talks over pay broke down.
KWL, which services more than 26,000 Hull City Council properties, has told unions a rise in pay would only be given if alterations are made to staff sick pay.
Two offers have so far been rejected by unions, and now GMB, Unite and Unison members will protest before Hull North Labour’s December meeting in Cottingham Road at 9.30am.
Paul Gibson, branch secretary at Unite in Hull, said: “We have been in pay negotiations for the last few months. We have had two pay offers from the... read more
- 23:42 Grateful Japan’s just-in-time dram
- 23:39 Hundreds of trafficked children ‘lost’ by local authorities
- 23:38 Multiple crashes on M74 as drivers caught out by freezing rain and...
- 23:38 Edinburgh-bound easyJet flight diverted after passenger suffers...
- 23:36 Ecommerce entrepreneur targets Scotland
- 23:36 Thinking of moving? Take advice from property expert Phil Spencer
- 23:36 The Big Interview: Robert Kilgour of Renaissance Care
- 23:36 Powerchair soccer a hit with disabled Scots sportsmen and women
- 23:35 Library snaps up rare Sylvia Plath poem first published by Scottish...
- 23:32 Manchester United put Paul Pogba up for sale in January...
- 23:31 Euan McColm: At least Theresa May’s not the other guy
- 23:31 Vote for protection against Brexit, Derek Mackay urges MSPs
- 23:31 Assisted dying ‘only option for many with terminal illness’
- 23:31 NATURE NOTES: Waifs and strays provide some rare sightings for...
- 23:31 Timely safety advice as winter continues to tighten its grip
- 23:30 Major fire rips through terraced house in Weelsby Street
- 23:30 Chester Zoo launches £50,000 fundraising campaign to repair damage...
- 23:29 Meghan and Harry will spend Christmas Day with William and Kate...
- 23:19 Jose Mourinho in dark over Manchester United’s transfer plans for...
- 23:13 How Preston North End's players rated in their win over Millwall:...
- 23:12 Cyclone Owen downgraded, but could reform off Queensland
- 23:04 Matthew Walls and Fred Wright claim silver in Madison at track...
- 22:58 Chelsea win transfer race for Christian Pulisic ahead of Liverpool...
- 22:57 New bridge will make wood access easier
- 22:48 José Mourinho admits he is in the dark over possible January signings
- 22:48 Michael van Gerwen showered with beer at PDC World Championship
- 22:48 Girl, 12, is ‘dying before her mum’s eyes’ due to lifelong phobia...
- 22:44 David Hurley to be named next governor general of Australia
- 22:44 Progress and problems as UN climate change talks end with a deal
- 22:35 Ernesto Valverde dampens talk of transfer move for Chelsea defender...