St Johnstone 0 Celtic 4: Brendan Rodgers' side break 100-year-old British record
A 4-0 triumph at St Johnstone saw Rodgers and his players overtake a mark set by Willie Maley’s Hoops side during the First World War.
And boyhood Celtic fan Rodgers fully appreciates the enormity of their achievement. “I just said thank you to the players because for everyone – Celtic supporters and staff – it’s a really special day,” he said.
“A century-old British record which was obviously held by Celtic, we have broken that.
“It’s no mean feat in modern sport, in particular football, where players have to face everything really.
“You think of going behind in games, playing big... read more
- 13:39 Police chief insists Sheffield remains ‘very safe’ despite spate of...
- 13:39 Columnist: Di Wade - Busy week
- 13:38 Angry ex-Hollyoaks star disqualified from Hull Marathon speaks out
- 13:38 'Hell and slander': Hunter S Thompson's letters to childhood friend...
- 13:38 Ceremony held to honour Cumbria policeman who died 170 years ago
- 13:37 Michael Kors buys Versace in $2.1bn deal
- 13:37 Doncaster town centre tunnel shut for second night for repairs
- 13:37 Pret A Manger warned over allergy alerts before Natasha...
- 13:37 Stalled Royal Liverpool Hospital PFI deal could be ditched
- 13:35 Hearing into death of popular circus performer reveals how he may...
- 13:34 British holiday jet bound for East Midlands Airport forced to make...
- 13:34 New TK Maxx store in Leeds will create 45 jobs
- 13:34 Leeds man found dead during missing person search had bank and...
- 13:34 Teenage boy from Leeds dies after road collision
- 13:34 Columnist: Di Wade - Busy week
- 13:33 Dog has 3D-printed titanium skull fitted to treat unusually large...
- 13:33 Mid-air drama as Jet2 pilot declares emergency on flight to East...
- 13:33 Music review: Jason Derulo, Hydro, Glasgow
- 13:32 Manchester United revenues hit record of £590m
- 13:32 Josh Warrington dismisses Carl Frampton’s claim he’s already beaten...
- 13:31 Gujarat lion deaths: What killed 11 big cats?
- 13:29 Manchester United revenues hit record of £590m
- 13:29 League One and Two Live: Didier Ndong sacked by Sunderland
- 13:29 Wayne Madsen signs new deal with Derbyshire
- 13:29 RAMS LIVE: Manchester United v Derby County as it happens
- 13:28 British holiday jet bound for East Midlands Airport forced to make...
- 13:27 Burnley band night is music to Pendleside Hospice's ears
- 13:27 Ceremony held to honour Cumbria policeman who died 170 years ago
- 13:26 Belgium could build island over abandoned poison gas grenades
- 13:26 Grenfell Tower should not have been lived in, fire chief tells inquiry