SSE to raise gas and electricity prices
SSE has become the last of the "big six" energy companies to announce early summer price rises, with a 6.7% average increase in gas and electricity bills.
The move will see gas prices rise by 5.7% and electricity prices go up by 7.7% on 11 July for SSE customers on variable deals.
This will mean an average £76 per year rise for 2.36 million customers.
The company said the price rise was the result of increasing costs "largely outside our control".
"We deeply regret having to raise prices and have worked hard to withstand the increasing costs," said Stephen... read more
- 12:03 Bronze statue of Margaret Thatcher unveiled in Lincolnshire today
- 12:03 West Ham duo could return from injury in time to face Manchester City
- 12:03 Brazilian commentator does pigeon noises as Richarlison celebrates...
- 12:03 Government figures show Mansfield and Ashfield beings hit by up to...
- 12:03 Police want to speak to this man after Bolsover burglary
- 12:02 Indian police file rape case against Bollywood actor Alok Nath
- 12:02 Government figures show Mansfield and Ashfield beings hit by up to...
- 12:01 Woman followed and raped in Tower Hamlets basement
- 12:01 Tory slap Chinese TV reporter case dropped
- 12:00 Fighter dubbed ‘worst boxer EVER’ after 84-second KO in debut fight
- 11:59 Awards handed out at Blackpool jobs and work experience scheme event
- 11:59 Government figures show Mansfield and Ashfield beings hit by up to...
- 11:58 Huge crowds gather to greet Royal visitor to Derbyshire - pictures...
- 11:58 Stunning 'perfect rainbow' over Derbyshire castle one of four local...
- 11:57 I'm A Celebrity - Real reason 'vegan' Fleur East caught eating meat
- 11:56 West Yorkshire man charged with murdering three-year-old boy
- 11:56 Ikea to cut 350 jobs amid global transformation plans
- 11:55 Furious residents come out in force to oppose plans for addiction...
- 11:55 Starting a new chapter: the success story of Totley Library
- 11:55 Sport and comfort combine in Ford Fiesta ST-Line X
- 11:54 Fylde coast stretchers firm sees growth after Boost support
- 11:54 Starting a new chapter: the success story of Totley Library
- 11:54 Ask Northamptonshire police chief or crime commissioner a question...
- 11:53 Morpeth draw in top-of-table clash at York
- 11:52 Defibrillator used to SAVE LIVES damaged by vandals in Sleaford
- 11:52 Cameroon army frees kidnapped students
- 11:52 Durham University academic accused of spying in United Arab...
- 11:52 Is Chuck Liddell vs Tito Ortiz 3 on TV in the UK? Stream, fight...
- 11:52 Middlesbrough to revisit deal for defender, Leeds set to miss out...
- 11:52 Dozens of child neglect cases reported to authorities in Hartlepool...