South Yorkshire sex offenders win right to have names wiped off register
0 Have your say Police chiefs have revealed that 17 sex offenders have won the right to have their names removed from the Sex Offenders' Register.
Since September 2012 a change in the law has meant those convicted of sex offences can apply to have their names removed on the grounds they no longer pose a threat.
Under the Freedom of Information Act, South Yorkshire Police disclosed that 32 sex offenders applied for their names to be removed from the register between January 2016 and September 2012, when the new law was introduced.
Six of the offenders had convictions for rape, including... read more
- 04:36 Peter Capaldi writes to reassure young fan about Doctor Who...
- 04:36 Ex-wife of former One Nation adviser calls for rape survivors to be...
- 04:36 New Caledonia referendum: call to reject 'colonising power' France
- 04:36 'No collusion': Trump and Putin deny election meddling in TV...
- 04:35 Tech shares keep sinking amid concerns sector is slowing
- 04:01 Australian media are in decline. The Fourth Estate reminds us why...
- 04:01 Turnbull says there is ‘real concern about Sudanese gangs’ in...
- 04:01 Putin rejects UK's 'ungrounded accusations' over novichok poisoning
- 00:57 Doctor Who star Jodie Whittaker hopes role will inspire young girls
- 00:54 Over 2 million Britons risk dying early from multiple illnesses
- 00:54 NHS rationing putting hernia patients' lives at risk, say surgeons
- 00:54 UK police force failed to record 10,000 crimes, watchdog says
- 00:54 Lava 'bomb' crashes through roof of boat in Hawaii, injuring tourists
- 00:54 Only 1% of children's books have BAME main characters – UK study
- 00:54 Sudoku 4114 medium
- 06:55 Duncan Priddle: Take a trip to see Tolkein-esque beauty and rare...
- 06:55 Heart disease patients with multiple illnesses ‘in need of more help’
- 06:54 Drug mule says ‘I’m going to die, Lord help me’ in farewell video...
- 06:54 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho 'seriously impressed' with one star in...
- 06:42 School pupils hope anti-smoking film will go viral
- 06:54 Trojans turn on the style to seal impressive away win
- 06:54 Hull Live: Breaking news, traffic and travel from Hull and East...
- 06:54 Sheffield teenage girl missing from home for 11 days
- 06:42 Little fighter Roman nominated for Child of Courage Award
- 00:52 NHS rationing putting hernia patients' lives at risk, say surgeons
- 06:42 Volunteers take over at Jarrow community centre
- 00:52 MPs' anti-bullying rules will cover Speaker, Leadsom suggests
- 06:43 Chelsea transfer news: How Aleksandr Golovin could fit into...
- 06:42 Jarrow teens help boost charity funds with walk
- 00:29 Alarm for Netflix as shares plummet on worse-than-expected...