South Korean leader calls for train route to North Korea by end of year
The South Korean president has called for the creation of road and rail links between his country and North Korea by the end of the year.
Moon Jae-in proposed creating a “Northeast Asian railroad community” between the two Koreas, the United States and four unnamed parties in a speech marking the 73rd anniversary of the end of Japanese colonial rule on the Korean peninsula. The presidential office later said the other partners would include China, Russia, Japan and Mongolia.
However, the proposition is complicated by international sanctions meant to punish the North for its nuclear... read more
- 04:56 Modulr taps into Edinburgh fintech scene with new office
- 04:55 Venezuela's migration crisis: Is enough being done?
- 04:36 North Korea agrees to shut down missile test sites at key summit
- 04:25 House hit 4 times in 2 years not covered by new speed cameras in...
- 04:25 Why one of Leicester city centre's dingiest alleyways will be...
- 04:16 North and South Korea: Kim and Moon hail new future
- 03:50 Mental health is Australians' most common ailment, GPs report
- 03:50 Denis Norden, TV presenter and comedy writer, dies aged 96
- 03:47 Man killed in north London street stabbing
- 03:23 Obituary: Denis Norden
- 03:21 TV host Denis Norden dies aged 96
- 03:05 Three taken to hospital after suspected chemical leak at Sydney hotel
- 02:53 Are wasps the bees knees? Scientists think they should be
- 02:53 How music saved a failing school
- 02:53 EU migration: How has it changed the UK?
- 02:53 'Killing a generation': one million more children at risk from...
- 02:47 Mercury Prize 2018: Nominees reveal the last thing they changed on...
- 02:35 California surgeon and 'girlfriend' charged with drug rapes
- 02:35 Google's prototype Chinese search engine links searches to phone...
- 02:06 'Ashamed': South Koreans chilled by Kim Jong-un's cuddles
- 02:00 PM to announce £2bn for social housing
- 01:59 Kavanaugh accuser wants an FBI investigation before she testifies
- 01:44 Wiltshire Police confirm no nerve agent exposure for Salisbury diners
- 01:29 'Sexist, unsafe' world experienced by young girls
- 01:27 Bernard Ingham: Toil and trouble as parties descend into a total mess
- 01:27 The Yorkshire Post says: HS2 and its tests. High-speed line of...
- 01:27 Mark Burns-Williamson: Police need the resources to do their job
- 01:27 Mike Regnier: How Yorkshire Building Society learned the lessons of...
- 01:25 Christine Blasey Ford: Kavanaugh accuser 'faces death threats'
- 01:22 Yoghurts (even organic ones) 'full of sugar'