Sore throat triggers young man's 'exorcist syndrome' which causes him to attack mum in psychotic rage
A mum claims her son's sore throat triggered a rare so-called 'exorcist syndrome' which causes him to fly into a psychotic rage and attack her.
Isaac Harvey, 20, was struck down with a throat infection when he was 13 before he was later diagnosed with PANDAS - a neurological condition which transforms his personality.
It means mild-mannered Isaac can suddenly fly into uncontrollable rages which have seen him give black eyes, break bones, and rip out hair.
Also known as 'exorcist syndrome', PANDAS also causes Isaac to threaten to kill himself and his family.
Isaac's mum Claire Harvey, 48, is... read more
- 13:28 Ulverston to celebrate retro cycling
- 13:26 State of Origin 2018: New South Wales down Queensland to win series
- 13:25 Birmingham’s chip shop queen Artemis Pili dies aged 100
- 13:23 Why Meghan wears shoes that are too big for her
- 13:22 Teenage jogger who accidentally crossed border from Canada to the...
- 13:22 Britain is on the brink of a halloumi shortage - and cheese lovers...
- 13:20 Ukraine Roma camp attack leaves one dead
- 13:20 Man Utd transfer news: Kylian Mbappe linked with STUNNING move...
- 13:20 Theatre company marks half a century of performances at unique open...
- 13:20 Cadet officers honoured by Queen in ceremony at Belvoir Castle
- 13:17 This is what it is like to be pulled over by police and breathalysed
- 13:16 Family devastated after WW2 veteran grandfather's ashes stolen from...
- 13:16 Majority of Scots ‘would pay more tax to help NHS’
- 13:10 Labour frontbenchers defend no show at anti-Brexit march
- 13:10 Outcry as thousands of Solihull residents await replacement bins
- 13:07 USA follow victory over Scotland with six-try beating of Canada
- 13:04 Kylian Mbappe next club odds: Man City out in front in race to sign...
- 13:00 Vets urge pet owners to protect pets as temperatures soar
- 12:59 Gareth Southgate sends message to England players ahead of...
- 12:58 Boy, six, seriously injured in horror motorbike hit-and-run at...
- 12:55 Firms shortlisted for rural awards
- 12:55 Police hunt burglar who stole £200 Nike trainers from Barrow house
- 12:54 Power fault disrupts Eurotunnel cross-Channel services
- 12:53 Forget contouring, people are using prosthetic make-up to sculpt...
- 12:53 Victoria Beckham’s camoflouge t-shirt is all the rage – here’s...
- 12:51 The Yorkshire farm shops you have to visit
- 12:50 Transfer News LIVE updates: Ronaldo to Man Utd latest, Chelsea,...
- 12:48 Skimming devices being used at Notts cash machines
- 12:47 Skimming devices being used at Notts cash machines
- 12:44 England vs Panama latest: LIVE updates from World Cup clash in...