Smoking ban plan for playgrounds and hospital grounds
A ban on smoking in outdoor grounds of hospitals, schools and playgrounds in Wales has moved a step closer.
Health Secretary Vaughan Gething has launched a consultation with the ban planned for summer 2019 and those who break it could face a fine.
Voluntary bans are currently in place in some school and hospital grounds and also in public playgrounds.
If the new law is passed, it will mean patients and visitors will have to leave hospital grounds to smoke.
The consultation, which will help shape the final legislation, is also seeking views on plans to introduce additional changes to the... read more
- 11:12 Date change announcement for public CCG meeting
- 11:12 Hull gran: 'My trampy sofa has sagged since I bought it - but...
- 11:11 Popular great-great-grandmother celebrates 100th birthday
- 11:11 Remember these favourite shops from bygone Hartlepool?
- 11:11 Man jailed for stealing £13,000 from his own family
- 11:11 Bridlington students celebrate A-level results
- 11:10 The outdoors summer has a sting in the tail for South Shore-based...
- 11:10 Burnley community farm march to Martin Mere
- 11:10 Travellers leave 'human excrement' in bushes after leaving Ormsgill...
- 11:09 Armed police escort doctor off EasyJet plane in row over leg room
- 11:09 Planning permission granted to convert listed building near Rugby...
- 11:08 Luton Town chairman urges fans to stop chants in support of Tommy...
- 11:09 A-levels 2018: Calderdale results in full
- 11:08 Team Sky’s Geraint Thomas and Chris Froome to ride in Tour of Britain
- 11:08 Date change announcement for public CCG meeting
- 11:08 Rise in car thefts in North Yorkshire, latest police data reveals
- 11:06 Mariah Carey teaches daughter to 'pose like mommy' on luxury yacht...
- 11:06 John Swinney: No "morale crisis" among Scots teachers
- 11:05 Lady Lumley's School produce record A-level results
- 11:04 Real Madrid boss Julen Lopetegui told to swoop for Crystal Palace...
- 11:03 Victor the polar bear undergoes pollen allergy test at Yorkshire...
- 11:03 Date change announcement for public CCG meeting
- 11:03 English Martyrs celebrates 99% A-level pass rate
- 11:03 AMP to compensate super investors after fresh humiliation at royal...
- 11:03 Should US mothers be paid for life-saving cord blood or placentas?
- 11:03 Dozens of homes face several hours with no or little water after...
- 11:02 A-levels 2017: Your results guide for Halifax
- 11:02 Last chance to visit Shibden Hall before it closes for filming for...
- 11:02 A-levels 2018: Calderdale results in full
- 11:02 We filmed the moment an 18-year-old opened her A Levels - and it...