Smart plug pioneered in Yorkshire could help dementia sufferers
A unique research project in Sheffield aims to help people with dementia live more independently. Catherine Scott reports.
A study looking into independent living and support for people with mild dementia is seeking for volunteers in South Yorkshire to be part of the study.
A partnership between Westfield Health, Sheffield Hallam University and the Alzheimer’s Society is calling for people who have been recently diagnosed with dementia and are living independently to take part in the six-month long project.
Covering the entire Sheffield region, the research will be focused on understanding... read more
- 20:20 New era dawns for Calton Hill as gallery and restaurant revealed
- 20:20 Videogames and robotics to go on line at Dundee’s V&A
- 20:18 Girl, 12, was 'bullied at school' before she was found dead
- 20:14 Eerie footage shows charred remains of ECHO Arena car park finally...
- 20:12 Mummified remains of baby found by siblings emptying dead mum’s house
- 20:11 Ask Her to Stand: What's stopping women becoming MPs?
- 20:11 M4 crash: Drunk driver killed girlfriend in 'catastrophic' smash
- 20:11 Brexit: May to return to Brussels for last-ditch talks
- 20:06 Driving tests are changing in the UK this week - here's how and why
- 20:06 The unknown iPhone hack being hailed 'revolutionary' by texters
- 20:05 Libraries to receive sets of Muriel Spark novels to mark centenary
- 20:04 Khashoggi murder: Calls to remove Saudi crown prince 'a red line'
- 20:01 Double-dipping and blowing out birthday candles really does cover...
- 20:00 Voting is Open for the FutureTown Design Competition 2018
- 20:00 Gearing up for important winter work on busy Northumberland road
- 20:00 Livid I'm A Celebrity fans complain to Ofcom after Anne Hegerty...
- 19:57 Hunt still on for those responsible for two fatal Sheffield stabbings
- 19:57 Ozell Pemberton murder: Police release shocking CCTV footage of...
- 19:53 Life sciences sector set for £40m boost to create North-east hub
- 19:53 Victorian election debate: Daniel Andrews forced to defend bail for...
- 19:53 Berkeley Group bosses were accused of engaging in years of bribery
- 19:44 Outpouring of support for critically ill activist Harry Leslie Smith
- 19:43 Attlee child refugee recalls 'extraordinary love' of family
- 19:43 Tories clinging to office by the fingertips, says Labour peer
- 19:41 Man charged with murder of Coupar Angus boy Kane Morris
- 19:39 Calls for traffic lights to be removed as drivers stuck for hours...
- 19:38 Miconex launches site to revive British high streets
- 19:35 'A 1-0 battering' Our writers predict the outcome as Wolves welcome...
- 19:35 Martin Lewis's heartwarming advice to parents worried about not...
- 19:35 'Squeaky Robins is our king!' What Coventry City fans said ahead of...