Small Business Saturday will support Wakefield’s independent traders
The Ridings has been at the heart of the city’s high street for 35 years.
And as has been the situation for all traders the shopping centre has felt the impact of the ever changing trends and needs of shoppers.
It has had to adapt to meet those needs.
Currently there are more than 20 independent retailers and arts groups operating in the centre helping it to try and reclaim its place as part of an ever-changing high street.
As shoppers move online and town centres feel the pinch, the independents in The Ridings – one of the first shopping centres of its kind in Europe – are bringing their... read more
- 00:43 Sudoku 4,239 easy
- 00:42 'I was divorced and missed having company'
- 00:42 Called the wrong name at work? Awkward...
- 00:42 November shopper footfall down as Black Friday bites
- 00:38 The Yorkshire Post says: Care conundrum – the price of political...
- 00:38 The Yorkshire Post says: If only it was this easy, Boris, as...
- 00:35 Fans with flares will be stopped, warn police ahead of crunch...
- 00:34 Tackle climate or face financial crash, say world's biggest investors
- 00:34 UK high streets face quietest Christmas since credit crunch
- 00:34 BP faces shareholder challenge over carbon targets
- 00:34 City investors call on listed companies to pay living wage
- 00:32 Revealed: Watch shocking abuse on Yorkshire firefighters targeted...
- 00:32 Six months of disruption: M621 in Leeds to be shut overnight for...
- 00:24 Grace Millane: Man appears in court charged with backpacker's murder
- 00:17 Manic Street Preachers announce new album and Leeds date
- 00:14 What really freaks us out about Christmas
- 00:14 YouTube gives £600,000 to target glamorisation of violence on...
- 00:11 Grace Millane murder: accused appears in court for the first time
- 00:05 UK to crack down on Scottish shell firms
- 00:05 Tories tell Derek Mackay he can boost spending without raising taxes
- 23:59 Crossrail may not open next year despite mooted extra £1bn
- 23:43 Matteo Guendouzi explains why Unai Emery was key to him...
- 23:22 Jürgen Klopp: I was not for one second worried about Mohamed...
- 23:22 Romelu Lukaku: bulking up for World Cup has hampered my club form
- 23:22 Marco Silva believes Richarlison has quality to score 20 goals a...
- 23:22 Arsenal to battle Manchester United for Hertha starlet Arne Maier
- 23:19 Harry Redknapp crowned I'm A Celeb 2018 champion in emotional scenes
- 23:15 May in last-ditch bid to save Brexit deal despite growing mutiny
- 23:09 Buenos Aires becomes ghost town as fans follow delayed final
- 23:05 Chelsea bosses could let David Luiz leave over contract policy