Slump in number of same-sex marriages in Derbyshire
The number of couples forming civil partnerships in Derbyshire has fallen dramatically since same-sex marriage was legalised, ONS figures show.
In the four years before the Same-Sex Marriage Act came into force in March 2014, there were 244 civil partnerships formed in the area
From 2014 to 2017, that number fell to 31. Of the 31 civil partnerships formed during that time, 16 were male couples and 15 were female couples.
Civil partnerships have fallen out of favour across the whole of England and Wales. Almost 24,000 couples entered civil partnerships between 2010-13, falling to just over... read more
- 17:41 Police issue statement as man is 'seriously hurt' in Goole attack
- 17:41 Woman pulled from River Tyne and taken to hospital after rescue...
- 17:40 Corbyn's bold Brexit vision shows up May's tired old soundbites
- 17:40 Revealed: New parliamentary candidate for Ripon Lib Dems
- 17:38 Ben Walmsley's death prompted warning over video game
- 17:37 'I go a little bit crazy' - ex-Birmingham City top scorer making a...
- 17:37 'It was very hard' - Forgotten Wolves striker reveals Molineux...
- 17:36 Jamal Khashoggi death: King Salman speaks but ignores murder
- 17:34 Man hospitalised after attack at Grassmoor Country Park
- 17:34 Harry Kane: probably not best in the world, but perfect for this...
- 17:33 Adverse weather clips in updated driving theory test
- 17:33 How a cracked tooth nearly KILLED this Lincolnshire man
- 17:31 Traffic pollution ‘linked to risk of autism in children’
- 17:31 One in four couples in Doncaster have weekly 'carguments'
- 17:30 Live updates as 'bomb squad' called to Bransholme after explosive...
- 17:29 Fylde Council look at plan to reverse trees decline
- 17:28 Amber Peat inquest review delayed after family objects to new coroner
- 17:28 Could Sunderland be the destination for a £10,000 Black Friday...
- 17:27 David Mundell threatens mutiny if UK remains bound to common...
- 17:26 TalkTalk hackers jailed for one of biggest data breaches in history
- 17:26 Buckfast Christmas truck sends Scots into meltdown
- 17:24 Hartlepool police custody facility planned to move out of town
- 17:23 How Birmingham drug dealer Anib Khan went from king of bling to...
- 17:23 Roundhay Road Leeds to be closed for several hours after stabbing:...
- 17:23 Nightclub burglar racially abused delivery driver who caught him in...
- 17:23 Wakefield power cut leaves 2,000 homes in the dark
- 17:22 South Africa stick with their back-up scrum-halves as De Klerk...
- 17:22 Nightclub burglar racially abused delivery driver who caught him in...
- 17:21 Bitcoin falls below $5,000
- 17:21 Grenfell inquiry: 12-year-old victim pleaded for fire crews to hurry