Slump in number of same-sex marriages in Derbyshire
The number of couples forming civil partnerships in Derbyshire has fallen dramatically since same-sex marriage was legalised, ONS figures show.
In the four years before the Same-Sex Marriage Act came into force in March 2014, there were 244 civil partnerships formed in the area
From 2014 to 2017, that number fell to 31. Of the 31 civil partnerships formed during that time, 16 were male couples and 15 were female couples.
Civil partnerships have fallen out of favour across the whole of England and Wales. Almost 24,000 couples entered civil partnerships between 2010-13, falling to just over... read more
- 03:50 Mental health is Australians' most common ailment, GPs report
- 03:50 Denis Norden, TV presenter and comedy writer, dies aged 96
- 03:47 Man killed in north London street stabbing
- 03:23 Obituary: Denis Norden
- 03:21 TV host Denis Norden dies aged 96
- 03:05 Three taken to hospital after suspected chemical leak at Sydney hotel
- 02:53 Are wasps the bees knees? Scientists think they should be
- 02:53 How music saved a failing school
- 02:53 EU migration: How has it changed the UK?
- 02:53 'Killing a generation': one million more children at risk from...
- 02:47 Mercury Prize 2018: Nominees reveal the last thing they changed on...
- 02:35 California surgeon and 'girlfriend' charged with drug rapes
- 02:35 Google's prototype Chinese search engine links searches to phone...
- 02:06 'Ashamed': South Koreans chilled by Kim Jong-un's cuddles
- 02:00 PM to announce £2bn for social housing
- 01:59 Kavanaugh accuser wants an FBI investigation before she testifies
- 01:44 Wiltshire Police confirm no nerve agent exposure for Salisbury diners
- 01:29 'Sexist, unsafe' world experienced by young girls
- 01:27 Bernard Ingham: Toil and trouble as parties descend into a total mess
- 01:27 The Yorkshire Post says: HS2 and its tests. High-speed line of...
- 01:27 Mark Burns-Williamson: Police need the resources to do their job
- 01:27 Mike Regnier: How Yorkshire Building Society learned the lessons of...
- 01:25 Christine Blasey Ford: Kavanaugh accuser 'faces death threats'
- 01:22 Yoghurts (even organic ones) 'full of sugar'
- 01:18 “It’s too late to stop now.” Those were the words of the late...
- 01:13 People's Vote says 'multiple opportunities' for Brexit referendum
- 01:02 Sugar: Kinder rebuked for breaking kids' advertising rules
- 01:01 Mike Regnier: How Yorkshire Building Society learned the lessons of...
- 00:59 The Yorkshire Post says: Migrants – and why they count. Policy...
- 00:59 Mark Burns-Williamson: Police need the resources to do their job