Six held over 'drugs bus' which crashed in Ecuador
Police in Colombia have arrested six men in connection with a scheme to smuggle large quantities of marijuana and cocaine in passenger buses.
The arrests come days after police searching a bus which crashed in neighbouring Ecuador found it to be packed with hundreds of kilos of drugs.
Twenty-three people died and 22 were injured when the bus collided with an SUV on 14 August.
The driver of the bus is being questioned by police.
Originally the number of people who died in the crash had been put at 24 but later reports said 23.
Surprise find Officers searching the wreck of the bus for clues... read more
- 17:08 Santa's grotto to launch at St George's Shopping Centre in Preston
- 17:07 Buckingham holds moving Remembrance Day events
- 17:06 Calling North Kirklees business owners! We want to tell your story!
- 17:04 BINNED: Kingdom litter squad are KICKED OUT of Liverpool for good
- 17:04 Ex-UBS trader Kweku Adoboli being deported
- 17:03 Attempted child abductions: Police speaking to three men
- 17:03 STRICTLY IN BLACKPOOL: Iconic show heads to the Pleasure Beach
- 17:02 Men ‘doused supermarket in petrol before setting it alight in...
- 17:02 WhatsApp’s next update could change the way you ask people out on...
- 17:02 Lisa takes Nepal cycle challenge
- 17:01 Man Utd news: Gary Neville slams £50m signing: ‘Does he change a...
- 17:01 Skegness butchers are a ‘cut above’ the rest after winning UK...
- 16:58 How to flip a coin if you don't have a coin
- 16:56 Liverpool news: Virgil van Dijk makes transfer promise amid...
- 16:55 Critically acclaimed MGMT prepare to play Leeds show
- 16:56 Rail strike - here is how and when you can travel this weekend
- 16:55 Liversedge suffer County Cup exit
- 16:55 Calling North Kirklees business owners! We want to tell your story!
- 16:55 North Somercotes pupil bags limited edition diamond Blue Peter Badge
- 16:55 Starter pack charity for disadvantaged mums and babies...
- 16:55 Tony Blair condemns ‘pointless Brexit in name only – the worst of...
- 16:54 Taskforce warns of risk to children from 'county lines' gangs
- 16:54 Claudio Ranieri fastens in for Premier League homecoming at Fulham
- 16:54 European Tour’s chief executive remains bullish as headaches mount
- 16:54 Accounts clerk caught drink driving
- 16:53 Dad's burger van destroyed hours after text accuses partner of...
- 16:53 Rail strike - here is how and when you can travel this weekend
- 16:52 Calling North Kirklees business owners! We want to tell your story!
- 16:52 Accounts clerk caught drink driving
- 16:52 'The worst we've seen since 2010' - why lawns and parks around...