Sister of UK woman who died in botched C-section makes justice plea
Xynthia Hawke was 28 and expecting her first child, with all the excitement and delight of a new mother to be.
She and her French partner, Yannick Balthazar, had planned everything down to the last detail in what they hoped would be as natural a birth as possible in a specially chosen clinic.
“Xynthia liked to be prepared for things and this was just the most exciting thing ever to prepare for,” says her sister, Iris Hawke. “She sailed through the pregnancy; she had none of the sickness, just the good things and lots of mental clarity. She was swimming, doing yoga and eating well and she... read more
- 13:19 Four of the top ten most dangerous council-managed A-roads in...
- 13:19 Disrespectful vandal decapitates First World War memorials in Ashfield
- 13:19 Lancaster woman's warning about aggressive bone cancer
- 13:18 Chelsea came close to signing Joaquin for £25m in 2006
- 13:18 WPP in talks to buy FT's London HQ in £90m-plus deal
- 13:17 We've all been grating cheese wrong for years apparently - here's...
- 13:17 HSBC down as customers face online banking chaos
- 13:17 Sheffield duo appear in court charge with murder following bar...
- 13:16 Woman told to ‘starve herself some more’ in order to get help...
- 13:15 St Annes taxi company maybe a record breaker
- 13:15 YP Letters: HS2 has already had an impact on our lives
- 13:15 Rotarians raise cash to help Indonesian victims
- 13:13 'It feels like hate': vandals deface San Francisco murals with...
- 13:11 Vulnerable people and staff ‘put at risk’ by changes to night care
- 13:11 Big-hearted teenager from Chesterfield set to appear on new ITV...
- 13:11 Kenilworth outdoor pool campaigners say council needs to 'think...
- 13:11 IN PICTURES: The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers march through Warwick
- 13:11 Three dead after car towing caravan crashes while driving wrong way...
- 13:10 £27million pub industry in South Tyneside facing beer tax hit
- 13:10 'Street drinking is a blight on our town' - Boston people dismiss...
- 13:09 Tory MP overspent on general election to beat Nigel Farage, court told
- 13:07 John Lewis to launch £10,000 'private shopping' service
- 13:07 Kenilworth outdoor pool campaigners say council needs to 'think...
- 13:07 IN PICTURES: The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers march through Warwick
- 13:06 This is how George Eliot Hospital is planning for winter
- 13:06 The quickest Royal babies after weddings revealed after Prince...
- 13:06 Have you got Leicestershire's cutest cat or dog? Enter our Prize...
- 13:05 Fire chief takes on Cheviots challenge
- 13:05 Where to pick up a pumpkin in Derbyshire this Halloween
- 13:04 Rotarians raise cash to help Indonesian victims