Sister of UK woman who died in botched C-section makes justice plea
Xynthia Hawke was 28 and expecting her first child, with all the excitement and delight of a new mother to be.
She and her French partner, Yannick Balthazar, had planned everything down to the last detail in what they hoped would be as natural a birth as possible in a specially chosen clinic.
“Xynthia liked to be prepared for things and this was just the most exciting thing ever to prepare for,” says her sister, Iris Hawke. “She sailed through the pregnancy; she had none of the sickness, just the good things and lots of mental clarity. She was swimming, doing yoga and eating well and she... read more
- 01:13 EU referendum registration deadline extended
- 01:09 James DeGale ‘pretty sure’ he will retire after loss Chris Eubank Jr
- 01:04 IN PICTURES: Runners take on endurance challenges along the...
- 00:55 Northampton Saints 27 Bath 26: Tom Vickers' review and player ratings
- 00:53 Church of England urges five days of prayer for poor as Brexit looms
- 00:49 Brexit: What would it mean for UK pensioners living in Europe?
- 00:49 What has really happened since Macpherson's report
- 00:47 New strategy to help deal with dementia issue in Lincolnshire is...
- 00:32 Rory McIlroy shooting for a Mexico stand-off with Dustin Johnson
- 00:32 Chris Eubank Jr beats James DeGale to send Londoner towards retirement
- 00:29 Oscars 2019: How will the ceremony change this year?
- 00:28 Tymoshenko v Tymoshenko: Funny business at the polls
- 00:28 Australian farmers' long road after mass cattle deaths
- 00:28 Gambling addict with brain injury spent £210,000
- 00:28 Supermarkets misleading shoppers on healthy food, say nutritionists
- 00:24 How Preston North End's players rated in their win over Millwall -...
- 00:19 Greece's invisible minority - the Macedonian Slavs
- 00:18 Kim Jong Un boards train to head to summit with Trump in Vietnam
- 00:17 'He lost control' - Craig Hignett reacts to remarkable refereeing...
- 00:15 Observer killer sudoku
- 00:15 Observer sudoku
- 00:11 Scots activewear brand launches jacket made out of coffee grounds
- 00:11 Two injured after major 11-vehicle crash on M8 in central Glasgow
- 00:11 Neil Lennon: The possibility of Celtic winning a treble treble is...
- 00:11 Iain Morrison: French thrilling in full flight but Scots tough...
- 00:07 Review: Ford’s Focus, Edge and Active
- 00:07 Warren Buffett takes swipe at Trump in shareholder letter
- 00:02 Eddie Jones will not rule out title as Warren Gatland chases grand...
- 23:50 Euan McColm: Moral courage of TIG dissidents won’t cut it
- 23:49 Arsenal ready to beat Manchester City and Chelsea to £40m...