Sir Cliff Richard is out to win BBC legal battle - the cash doesn't matter, pal says
Sir Cliff Richard was not fazed by the BBC’s deep pockets when he started his High Court battle, a pal says.
Bill Martin, 79, who co-wrote the pop icon’s 1968 hit Congratulations, said he urged him not to take on the broadcaster.
But he now backs Cliff, 77, to win his case over live coverage of the 2014 police raid after claims of historical sex abuse – which he denied and was never charged with or arrested for.
Bill said: “I told him, ‘The BBC have a bigger budget for lawyers than you’ll ever have’. He said, ‘I don’t care, I’m going through with it’.”
“Personally, I don’t think he should... read more
- 16:06 Will Hughes buries Burnley as Watford maintain bright start to season
- 16:05 Unexpected baby boom sees 16 nurses at same hospital fall pregnant
- 16:03 Cops seize vehicle driven by learner driver after motorway collision
- 16:03 Arsenal ace Alex Iwobi makes honest revelation after Chelsea loss
- 16:02 This is what Leicester City boss Claude Puel had to say about...
- 15:59 Sir Bruce Forsyth's ashes laid to rest under stage at London Palladium
- 15:58 Jose Mourinho explains why he picked Anthony Martial to replace...
- 15:57 Lancaster man who climbed Ben Nevis in wheelchair donated funds to...
- 15:55 Dad with multiple sclerosis wants standing wheelchair so he can...
- 15:54 The heartwarming moment little girl watches her dad walk for the...
- 15:54 24 pictures of Leicester Belgrave Mela in city centre
- 15:52 Sergio Agüero hits hat-trick in Manchester City’s rout of Huddersfield
- 15:50 Did you see it? Super-wide load takes over the M53 and M6 this weekend
- 15:50 What will the weather be like in the run-up to the August Bank...
- 15:47 Motorists told to expect disruption as roadworks begin across...
- 15:47 Tory minister to give Conservative conference speech as...
- 15:45 What will the weather be like in the run-up to the August Bank...
- 15:45 Police warn residents not to take law in own hands
- 15:45 Urgent appeal issued in search for woman missing from Hartlepool
- 15:44 US supplied bomb that killed 40 children on Yemen school bus
- 15:44 Water levels start to fall in flood-ravaged Kerala as rain set to ease
- 15:43 Chesterfield’s cheapest petrol and diesel prices
- 15:42 Drunk man rescued after following a horse to find his way home...
- 15:41 Why men with erection problems shouldn't suffer in silence
- 15:40 20+ Out of this world images from Sci-fi on the Sidings
- 15:38 How to prepare for university now that results day is over
- 15:37 Roxanne Pallett takes the plunge in Celebrity Big Brother pool
- 15:35 Liverpool news: Summer transfer business assessed by Paul Merson
- 15:35 5 tips for buying train tickets for less according to transport...
- 15:34 Police warn residents not to take law in own hands