Simon Rimmer gets a hug from Shirley Ballas after You'll Never Walk Alone waltz
Lifelong Liverpool fan Simon Rimmer won a kiss from new Strictly judge and fellow Wirralian Shirley Ballas after an emotional waltz to You’ll Never Walk Alone on tonight’s show.
The Wallasey-born TV chef, who was at Hillsborough on the day of the 1989 tragedy, didn’t top the leaderboard – but, despite some minor mistakes, was praised for his connection to the song.
Before his performance, viewers were shown a clip of Simon and dance partner Karen Clifton at Anfield - and they even had a dance on the pitch.
Shirley, who grew up in Leasowe, called Simon over to embrace him before telling him:... read more
- 13:16 Children are victims of the Yemen war and we need to help them...
- 13:16 Iranian fans try to keep Cristiano Ronaldo awake so he doesn’t...
- 13:15 Blues Kitchen is serving up a massive World Cup burger called The...
- 13:15 Chelsea transfer news: Defender deal agreed despite managerial...
- 13:15 When Hammonds in Hull will close as House of Fraser shuts 31 stores
- 13:14 Wonder what Saido Berahino makes of this very telling Harry Kane stat
- 13:14 Wolves among favourites to sign Premier League defender
- 13:14 Morrisons is making yet another big change to the way you shop
- 13:14 Rihanna and Cardi B pay tribute to murdered teen
- 13:14 Iran economic protests shut Tehran's Grand Bazaar
- 13:14 Wigan fraudster who stole £370k for lavish lifestyle jailed
- 13:13 Car crashes into group of people outside church for funeral
- 13:13 From Tommy Hutchison to Stern John: The story of Coventry City and...
- 13:13 Here's what Coventry City's League One rivals have been doing in...
- 13:12 This is what happens to all the cannabis seized by West Midlands...
- 13:12 Fifth Art in the Park festival in Leamington will have tree theme
- 13:12 Fire crews criticise deliberate fires started in Kenilworth
- 13:11 Teenage girl 'slashed in face' after rushing to help friend under...
- 13:11 Morrisons is rewarding customers who use Tupperware to take home...
- 13:10 Permit Patty: Woman 'calls police' on eight-year-old for selling water
- 13:08 UK epilepsy drug set to be first cannabis-based medicine on US market
- 13:08 Burton as hot as the Sahara as heatwave officially arrives
- 13:08 Cancer patients face 'absurd' travel insurance costs
- 13:05 Construction of new council houses begins in Doncaster
- 13:04 Turkey election: Erdogan win ushers in new presidential era
- 13:03 Appeal after vandal hurls bright orange paint over car in Leeds
- 13:03 Baby covered in red birthmarks after surviving a stroke when he...
- 13:02 Pub and shop 'in lockdown' after man seen brandishing a knife in...
- 13:01 Manchester United line up transfer move for want-away Real Madrid...
- 13:01 Busy Melton town centre road to close for up to three weeks