Shildon 0 Hartlepool United 4: Luke James nets on first Pools start as Matthew Bates' men run riot
Returning striker Luke James marked his first Hartlepool United start with a strike in a routine win at Northern League outfit Shildon.
The frontman netted Pools' third as Matthew Bates' men ran riot in County Durham.
His effort came after Lewis Hawkins opened the scoring, followed by a goal from Jake Cassidy and was subsequently squared off by substitute Niko Muir's second in two pre-season games.
Manager Matthew Bates stuck with the system which served his side so well in the 1-1 draw against Sunderland at the weekend, but did shift personnel.
One player who was back in action was... read more
- 01:09 Saudi Arabia condemns US Senate 'interference'
- 01:09 The Yorkshire Post says: “Dickensian picture” of poverty is deeply...
- 01:09 Plan for Brexit needed now
- 01:09 YP Letters: Get behind the Prime Minister’s deal to get us out of...
- 01:07 Sudoku 4245 easy
- 01:07 NFL wrap: Steelers top Pats while Bears make playoffs for first...
- 00:47 HS2: MPs had 'enormously wrong' cost estimate, says whistleblower
- 00:46 FCA under fire over Lloyds compensation scheme
- 00:42 Canadian officials visit second citizen detained in China
- 00:40 'My sleepless nights over Sandra Bullock's blindfold'
- 00:40 Narendra Modi: Is hardline Hindu politics failing India's PM?
- 00:40 Letter from Africa: How Nigeria's elite avoid 'bad education'
- 00:39 WhatsApp update will stop you spreading vicious and potentially...
- 00:33 ‘Bowing to the fans’ - Salzburg coach tweets praise for Celtic and...
- 00:27 Workers get new rights in overhaul but zero-hours contracts remain
- 00:25 'I gave myself two weeks to come up with a business idea'
- 00:23 Peter Wright out of World Darts Championship in surprise defeat
- 00:18 Many pupils in England hungry and badly clothed, say teachers
- 00:16 Restaurant insolvencies jump as diners stay at home
- 00:16 Manchester moor fires exposed people to ‘shocking’ levels of...
- 00:16 Nuisance call bosses face £500,000 fine
- 00:14 Former Louth DJ dons a frock for pantomime at Skegness
- 23:50 New EU referendum would break faith with Britons, May to warn MPs
- 23:46 Jose Mourinho admits SIX Liverpool players beat his Manchester...
- 23:35 Australia settle for hockey World Cup bronze after thrashing England
- 23:28 Two-thirds of teachers think of quitting over bad behaviour, survey...
- 23:24 European round-up: Barça go clear at top thanks to Lionel Messi...
- 23:20 Hungarians rally again against 'slave laws'
- 23:19 Girl, 15, arrested for double stabbing in Ipswich
- 23:04 Saints finally back on home soil after snow-hit trip to Timisoara