Shell CEO bags €20m on bumper pay day
The boss of Royal Dutch Shell received a 126 per cent pay rise last year, pocketing €20.1 million (£17m) after higher oil prices boosted profits at the energy giant.
Chief executive Ben van Beurden saw his pay packet climb from €8.9m to more than €15m as part of a long-term incentive plan and also scooped a €3m annual bonus.
It follows a strong year for the oil giant, which in January revealed its biggest profit haul for four years.
The blue chip firm posted underlying earnings of $21.4 billion (£16.1bn) for 2018, a rise of 36 per cent.
As well as higher oil prices throughout the bulk of... read more
- 15:03 New multi-million-pound school to open in Burnley
- 15:03 Top comedian coming to Padiham
- 15:03 Watch: Moment yob smashes up windows of Birmingham mosque using a...
- 15:01 England’s young Lions: Man Utd and Arsenal's starlets that MUST...
- 15:01 Samuel Umtiti to Arsenal? Chances of SHOCK Barcelona transfer assessed
- 15:01 Executed killer confesses to another murder from beyond the grave
- 15:01 Mother who barred daughter, 16, from social media found secret...
- 15:01 Pensioner, 102, made homeless with just hours’ notice
- 15:00 Pompeo says God may have sent Trump to save Israel from Iran
- 14:58 Vote for Gaughan in FA poll
- 14:58 PAW Patrol and 5 more super-cool acts announced for Kidtropolis...
- 14:57 Ten snakes and lizards that could be lurking in your garden right now
- 14:57 Leeds charity helps sex workers and vulnerable women access...
- 14:57 Blackpool taxis want to launch Promenade sharing scheme
- 14:56 Explosion at Govan flats treated as attempted murder after two...
- 14:55 Music review: SCO & Pekka Kuusisto
- 14:55 Murder inquiry launched as boy dies months after Rugby fire
- 14:54 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A43 near Brackley
- 14:54 Meghan Markle to opt for 'natural birth with no pain relief'
- 14:54 Save Our Sky Blues: The scary options the EFL gave Coventry City fans
- 14:53 FinTech Scotland hails milestone in bid for global open finance centre
- 14:53 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A43 near Brackley
- 14:53 This popular dog food has been recalled over health warnings
- 14:52 Changes to protest march in Preston after clash over space
- 14:52 Sainsbury's and Asda offer to close up to 150 stores to secure merger
- 14:51 Man jailed for making hoax calls to Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service
- 14:50 'No kid should have a childhood like that': Boy's tells court of...
- 14:50 Man who stood by as friend stabbed gay man in hate-fuelled attack...
- 14:50 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A43 near Brackley
- 14:48 Music review: Shakin’ Stevens