Sheffield one of the smallest spenders on agency midwives
Sheffield is one of the smallest spenders when it comes to agency midwives, according to new figures.
A study by the Royal College of Midwives, RCM, found a rapid rise in agency staff spending, which has doubled to £25 million in two years nationally.
The RCM sent Freedom of Information requests to all NHS trusts in England with maternity units, of which 123 – 92 per cent – responded.
Of the trusts who responded, 46 admitted using agency staff in 2015 and contributing to the huge £24.95 million spend.
However, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was ranked as one of the lowest... read more
- 11:17 Northumberland mum one of 'top 50 women in engineering'
- 11:17 Record run chase is just the job for F&B
- 11:15 Dublin crash horror: Car hits crowd outside church - two seriously...
- 11:14 Quiz: World Cup hat-tricks
- 11:14 Women's decathlon set for US debut – but do athletes really want it?
- 11:14 Sunderland's Bette Davis expert set to speak at celebrity conference
- 11:14 Watch: Huge flames and black smoke rise into the sky after 'arson...
- 11:14 Mansfield Woodhouse road closed after motorbike crash
- 11:14 The Met Office is introducing two new types of weather warnings -...
- 11:14 VOTE: Where are the best al fresco restaurants in Lancashire?
- 11:14 Britain braced for 'blowtorch' heatwave which could spark...
- 11:13 Stacked up on sun cream? Here are seven things you didn't know...
- 11:13 Can sunscreen stop you from getting a tan?
- 11:12 Mystery over sudden death of boy, 3, who went to sleep and never...
- 11:12 Dog gets jaw and tongue stuck in toy she only had for 30 minutes
- 11:12 Morley RFC welcomes new chair and president with family day
- 11:11 Eighty-two chihuahuas found at Birmingham house
- 11:11 More rare dormice released into the wild
- 11:11 VOTE: Where are the best al fresco restaurants in Lancashire?
- 11:10 Gareth Southgate would not swap Harry Kane for anyone
- 11:10 Fantastic family fun on the canal
- 11:10 Inquest adjourned following sudden death of Barrow dad, 45
- 11:09 Stop your dogs biting us, plead postmen after 2,300 attacks in...
- 11:09 REVEALED: Full list of planned roadworks in Yorkshire over the...
- 11:08 Witness appeal after theft and fraud in locations including village...
- 11:08 VOTE: Where are the best al fresco restaurants in Lancashire?
- 11:07 South Korean piano star Yeol Eum Son to stun East Neuk Festival...
- 11:07 VOTE: Where are the best al fresco restaurants in Lancashire?
- 11:07 Woman arrested for attempted murder after incident near pub
- 11:06 Arriva launching Uber for buses in Liverpool