Share your tributes and memories of Stephen Hawking
Stephen Hawking, the brightest star in the firmament of science, whose insights shaped modern cosmology and inspired global audiences in the millions, has died aged 76.
Hawking’s children, Lucy, Robert and Tim, said in a statement: “We are deeply saddened that our beloved father passed away today. He was a great scientist and an extraordinary man whose work and legacy will live on for many years. His courage and persistence with his brilliance and humour inspired people across the world.
“He once said: ‘It would not be much of a universe if it wasn’t home to the people you love.’ We will... read more
- 01:59 Kavanaugh accuser wants an FBI investigation before she testifies
- 01:44 Wiltshire Police confirm no nerve agent exposure for Salisbury diners
- 01:29 'Sexist, unsafe' world experienced by young girls
- 01:27 Bernard Ingham: Toil and trouble as parties descend into a total mess
- 01:27 The Yorkshire Post says: HS2 and its tests. High-speed line of...
- 01:27 Mark Burns-Williamson: Police need the resources to do their job
- 01:27 Mike Regnier: How Yorkshire Building Society learned the lessons of...
- 01:25 Christine Blasey Ford: Kavanaugh accuser 'faces death threats'
- 01:22 Yoghurts (even organic ones) 'full of sugar'
- 01:18 “It’s too late to stop now.” Those were the words of the late...
- 01:13 People's Vote says 'multiple opportunities' for Brexit referendum
- 01:02 Sugar: Kinder rebuked for breaking kids' advertising rules
- 01:01 Mike Regnier: How Yorkshire Building Society learned the lessons of...
- 00:59 The Yorkshire Post says: Migrants – and why they count. Policy...
- 00:59 Mark Burns-Williamson: Police need the resources to do their job
- 00:58 The weird and wonderful life of Elon Musk
- 00:58 Former foster carer and ex-teacher denies sexually assaulting two...
- 00:57 Jürgen Klopp’s Liverpool have the stamina to stick to his gameplan
- 00:55 The Yorkshire Post says: Rural life lessons. Twinning schools with...
- 00:55 The Yorkshire Post says: HS2 and its tests. High-speed line of...
- 00:54 Sudoku 4,169 medium
- 00:50 Salzburg summit: Austria leads EU's anti-migrant drive
- 00:50 'I lost my entire family to a cult': How one woman escaped Grace Road
- 00:37 Braving new heights
- 00:37 Business Profile: Fiona Toye of Toye Kenning & Spencer
- 00:37 Campaign to get Stourbridge war hero Frank Foley knighted
- 00:32 Yemen conflict: A million more children face famine, NGO warns
- 00:29 The chef using 60,000-year-old recipes
- 00:27 ICC opens Myanmar Rohingya crimes probe
- 00:26 Will we ever get self-healing smartphones?