Seven in ten teenagers believe they will NEVER be able to buy a home as prices continue to rise
The extent to which the struggle for first-time buyers is denting ambitions even further down the scale has been revealed in a new survey.
The vast majority of those aged 16 to 18 believe they will never be able to afford to buy their own home, the poll suggested.
The research found that 70 per cent in that age bracket do not expect to be able to afford to buy a home.
It is the latest evidence of how a combination of rising house prices and a lack of wage growth is keeping many from owning a place of their own - and preventing some even dreaming of one day being first-time buyers.
The... read more
- 20:58 Special showing of ITV series at caravan park
- 14:18 Persimmon homeowners in Newquay warn would-be buyers with signs
- 14:18 West Ham transfer news: Deal for Swansea star Alfie Mawson could...
- 16:54 More big events at De Montfort Hall after £582k live music plan...
- 16:54 Crime in Cheshire soars by almost a third over 12 month period
- 16:54 Tomorrow is being labelled as 'Frantic Friday' - and drivers could...
- 16:54 Norovirus strikes down families across Merseyside as outbreak...
- 16:54 Get on your bike and enjoy Yorkshire's cycle highways
- 20:58 NSPCC teams up with a Worksop housing project for It’s Not OK campaign
- 18:59 Poundworld to close all high street stores
- 17:26 Thousands sign petition demanding Andrew Griffiths quits after sex...
- 16:54 Firefighters on scene in Northampton after reports of smoke coming...
- 16:54 Weekend weather round-up: What to expect in Yorkshire over the next...
- 16:54 You can now fly directly from Leeds to Iceland at budget prices
- 14:18 NHS boss wants Lancashire learning disability unit closed
- 17:26 Boozy World Cup fan caught drink-driving as he dashed to McDonald’s
- 14:18 Preston North End’s opponents West Ham have had a busy summer
- 17:19 Rare crayfish are to blame for ‘unkept’ grass at retirement housing...
- 17:19 US Naval Attaché set to visit Whitehaven
- 20:58 Keep BBQs off Winter Hill, say firefighters
- 19:31 Four-week-old baby girl found 'safe and well' after carjacking ordeal
- 14:18 In pictures: Starbeck in Bloom’s 20th anniversary celebrations
- 14:18 VIDEO: Blackpool beauty queen Joanna wins the crown at world pageant
- 17:19 Peak District wildfire fund launched after spate of moorland blazes
- 14:55 Harrogate nurseries could be first in England to see bills halved
- 17:19 New police figures reveal West Yorkshire in top 5 areas for...
- 18:59 Bentley's Stefan Sielaff: Driving force
- 14:18 Sellafield launches three-person car sharing rule
- 20:58 Landmark for Bassetlaw Hospital department celebrated
- 17:19 Hanging Heaton edge out Methley in thrilling Twenty20 Cup Final