Selfless father gives kidney to sick son at Oxfordshire organ transplant centre
People across Oxfordshire are being encouraged to consider live organ donations after a father's selfless Christmas gift of one of his healthy kidneys to his sick son. Three days after Christmas Day, Simon Pont had his kidney transplanted into his son Robert at the Churchill Hospital's Oxford Kidney Unit after flying back from Canada.
Robert, who lives and works in Abingdon, was diagnosed with stage three chronic kidney disease in 2012 at the age of 27 despite feeling reasonably healthy.
Simon was ready ‘on day one’ to offer his son a healthy kidney, and having moved to London Ontario with... read more
- 03:07 Comment: Build-to-rent sector needs to gain critical mass
- 03:07 Police appeal after sex attacks by bogus charity worker
- 01:45 Margaret Fulton's beef and vermicelli noodle salad recipe
- 01:44 Safety controls on food imports at risk from no-deal Brexit, says...
- 01:44 Top Tory officials will attend meeting about future of Andrew...
- 01:44 Theresa May to take her Brexit roadshow to the north-east
- 00:09 Daniel Andrews says family ‘deserve better’ than Dutton comments...
- 00:09 UK's plastic waste may be dumped overseas instead of recycled
- 00:09 Women's rights under threat after Brexit, warns EHCR report
- 00:09 CPS apologises to Girls Aloud star for not prosecuting stalker
- 00:08 Tour de France: Fraile wins stage 14 as Nibali team considers...
- 00:08 Hader given ovation by Brewers fans in first appearance since...
- 23:45 Rose Wylie: 'I want to be known for my paintings – not because I'm...
- 22:56 Sunday's best TV: Artist in Residence – The Sex Clinic; Poldark
- 22:56 NHS body ‘wastes millions on flawed financial advice’
- 22:56 Rise in women travelling from Northern Ireland to England for...
- 22:56 From the archive: contraceptive control, from sponges to superglue
- 22:56 Healthier snacks in hospitals encourage reduction in sugar intake
- 22:56 Eleanor Wild obituary
- 22:56 80% of teenage girls suffer serious mental illness after sexual...
- 22:56 Women half as likely to get proper heart attack treatment in Australia
- 22:56 Nigeria-UK relationship should focus more on trade, says minister
- 22:56 Morning mail: women's heart treatment, FBI documents, White Helmets...
- 22:56 Shinobu Hashimoto obituary
- 22:56 'It hits you very quickly': Canada brews first cannabis beer
- 22:56 Police name gunman charged with murder in Trader Joe's siege
- 22:56 11 South African taxi drivers shot dead in minibus ambush
- 22:56 British terrorist jailed aged 14 seeks lifetime anonymity on release
- 22:56 Los Angeles shooting: one dead after Trader Joe's hostage drama
- 22:56 Goiat the bear may be expelled from Pyrenees over horse killings