Sean Parker's Airtime video chat service suffers glitchy launch
What happens when you launch a product that does not work? Sean Parker and Shawn Fanning, the two former wunderkinds behind the revolutionary music sharing service Napster, just found out. The two took had picked a hip event space in Chelsea, New York to launch their latest venture: Airtime, a video chatting service that aims to allow friends and strangers to easily connect with each other in real time.
It is a slicker, more moneyed version of Chatroulette, a website started in 2009 by then 17-year-old Russian Andrey Ternovskiy, which aimed to connect random users from across the globe to... read more
- 17:24 Busy section of Chester Road closed after three-vehicle crash,...
- 17:24 'Mad cow disease': What is BSE?
- 17:24 Menopause: What it's like to go through when you're under 30
- 17:21 Transgender hate crime is rising in Lancashire
- 17:21 Youth group launch project to help the homeless in Leamington
- 17:21 "Her son was her whole world": heartbroken family's tribute to...
- 17:21 Blooming sensible result for Sheffield couple
- 17:19 Johanna Konta advances to semi-finals in Moscow as Simona Halep...
- 17:19 The desperate plight of Wigan children wanting homes
- 17:19 Pictures show aftermath of Pemberton Road crash scene
- 17:18 School workers ‘banged naughty child’s head off table and said...
- 17:18 When is Diwali 2018 in the UK? Dates for the Festival of Lights
- 17:18 The collapse of the Wembley deal
- 17:18 FA urges police and social media companies to act after threats to...
- 17:18 Wembley decision unrelated to allegations against Fulham, says Khan
- 17:16 Exploring Glasgow's dark ties to the slave trade
- 17:16 Taxi driver picked man up from Yorkshire pub, drove to remote...
- 17:16 Thieving supermarket cashier developed sophisticated scheme to...
- 17:15 Winning Health Lottery ticket was bought in Daventry... but the...
- 17:15 Transgender hate crime is rising in Lancashire
- 17:15 Ex-Chinese internment camp detainee denied US visa despite Congress...
- 17:14 ‘Sheffield believes in fairness’ development money goes to deprived
- 17:14 Kleenex to remove 'mansize' tissues after sexism complaints
- 17:13 Brexit's 'doom loop': the 'blood red lines' that drive May's DUP...
- 17:13 Police still seeking man who was last seen in Tattershall
- 17:12 Can a well-positioned tennis ball help prevent snoring?
- 17:12 From satay skewers to waffle pops: sticks are the new bowls when it...
- 17:12 How to get rid of an unwanted housemate
- 17:12 UK retail sales fall in September as shoppers spend less on food
- 17:10 Exclusive Lukas Nmecha Preston North End column: From training...