Sean Dyche: This is why Burnley will struggle to survive this season
The Clarets were condemned to a 3-1 defeat by old boy Charlie Austin at Southampton yesterday.
But Dyche was furious at Mike Dean’s decision not to award his team a first half spot-kick.
Iceland midfielder Johann Gudmundsson was clearly tripped by Virgil van Dijk but whistler Dean waved away the protests.
To make matters worse Saints were gifted a penalty of their own in controversial circumstances when Saints sub Sam McQueen went down theatrically in the box.
And Dyche moaned: “The big defining point was the penalty, it is impossible it is not a penalty. It is as simple as that.
Every... read more
- 06:49 Brian Monteith: Scotland has become a failing McNanny state
- 06:49 Design chosen for county-wide war memorial
- 06:47 Farmer takes matters into his own hands after Audi is abandoned in...
- 06:46 Concern growing for welfare of missing Sheffield woman
- 06:42 Vegetarian ‘traumatised’ after finding chicken head ‘frozen in a...
- 06:41 Design chosen for county-wide war memorial
- 06:41 Charity shop devastated by fire back in business
- 06:41 Matthew Bates closing in on signing number THREE at Hartlepool United
- 06:40 Cristiano Ronaldo: REAL reason revealed Man Utd are chasing Real...
- 06:39 Child mental health investigation: Big change to Oxfordshire...
- 06:39 Mother found hanged on country estate days after daughter...
- 06:39 Uber begins appeal to prove they are ‘fit and proper’ to operate...
- 06:38 Pro-Corbyn group to launch drive for public vote on Brexit deal
- 06:36 ‘A feeling of joy’ as Saudi women drive legally after ban lifted
- 06:36 Lesley Riddoch: Brexit is pushing us to independence
- 06:36 Anger over £15m spent by Scots NHS on taxi journeys
- 06:36 Top Scots food brands face bleak future in post-Brexit global trade...
- 06:36 Nicola Sturgeon to lead delegation to Berlin
- 06:36 Good weather brings out thousands to the Royal Highland show
- 06:35 Charity shop devastated by fire back in business
- 06:35 Funding issues for Sunderland schools is a ticking timebomb for the...
- 06:35 Whitburn villagers call for rethink on housing plan
- 06:35 Hospital staff have their say on services shake up
- 06:34 Brian Ferguson: Time to rip it up and start again on music policy
- 06:34 Spin and propaganda take centre stage for festival curtain-raiser
- 06:34 New names added to university’s First World War memorial
- 06:34 Warehouses and offices to be built on land once earmarked for...
- 06:34 Rural communities ‘left behind’ by Local Enterprise Parternships,...
- 06:32 RATS! Swarming vermin infesting Corby housing estate
- 06:32 Van Gogh leggings and Tracey teacups: how art tat broke out of the...