SE Asia Stocks-Slip ahead of U.S. jobs data; Political woes continue to mar Philippines
By Anusha Ravindranath Oct 7 Southeast Asian stock markets fell on Friday as traders remained on edge ahead of a key U.S. jobs report that could signal the timing of the next Federal Reserve rate hike. Strong U.S. jobs numbers can fuel the expectations of a Fed rate hike in December and ripple through markets. The International Monetary Fund warned on Thursday that a disorderly reaction to possible U.S. interest rate hikes could disrupt capital flows and heighten asset price volatility in Asia. Asian shares dropped with MSCI's broadest index of Asia-Pacific shares outside Japan losing... read more
- 03:08 NSW display class, style and flamboyance in State of Origin win
- 03:07 What’s in a wink? Lessons from Clinton, Corbyn and Rihanna
- 02:41 'I trusted my daughter's abuser with my life'
- 02:41 Scottish trade delegation heads to Berlin
- 02:41 Questions over Swansea Bay tidal lagoon decision delay
- 02:36 'New Zealand wants you': the problem with tech at the edge of the...
- 02:22 'Shakespeare would recognise this theatre... except the scaffolding'
- 02:19 Highly trained, respected and free: why Finland's teachers are...
- 02:17 £67m tax bill of bust scrap dealer firm
- 01:52 UK Top 40 singles chart to include video streaming figures
- 01:50 Love Island's Zara Holland reveals she's on anti depressants two...
- 01:50 Kelly Brook ADMITS she retouches her Instagram photos but insists...
- 01:50 Love Island presenter Caroline Flack pays tribute to 'beautiful...
- 01:50 Victoria Beckham jokes that she loves spending 'quality time' with...
- 01:50 Adele 'starts work on new music as she prepares to release fourth...
- 01:50 Kylie Minogue nails daytime glamour in star-print frock... as she...
- 01:50 Blac Chyna shows off her underboob in sheer, fringed dress at BET...
- 01:41 British tourist killed in hit-and-run in Cyprus
- 01:39 Revenues top £20m for law firm Morton Fraser
- 01:39 Fife firm making a splash with lobster pod storage system
- 01:35 UK singles chart to include videos watched on YouTube
- 01:33 Greenwich observatory: Astronomers to start studying the sky again
- 01:28 Clive Betts: Now is the time to allow ‘safe standing’ in football...
- 01:26 Sunderland schoolgirl takes part in rare sea baptism in South Shields
- 01:26 Hundreds turn out to mark Armed Forces Day in South Shields
- 01:23 Mexico town's entire police force detained after murder
- 01:23 Clive Betts: Now is the time to allow ‘safe standing’ in football...
- 01:20 Is Kirklees a dinosaur?
- 01:20 $esc.html($content.name)
- 01:12 Surprise as DNA reveals new group of Native Americans: the ancient...