SE Asia Stocks-Indonesia outperforms; Vietnam posts second straight fall
By Anusha Ravindranath Oct 3 Most Southeast Asian stock markets rose on Monday, mirroring gains in Asian peers, except Vietnam, which fell for a second straight session after its government cut the gross domestic product growth target for 2016. In Asia, a report that Deutsche Bank was negotiating a much smaller fine with the U.S. Department of Justice pushed shares higher, with MSCI's broadest index of Asia-Pacific shares outside Japan edging up 0.8 percent. Sentiment got a boost after oil prices stabilised on hopes that the OPEC output cut would help re-balance markets. Indonesia... read more
- 12:56 Muharrem İnce concedes defeat to Erdoğan in Turkey elections
- 12:56 Ex-Nato chief refused visa waiver to US because of Iran trips
- 12:55 Police looking into woman’s death find 82 chihuahuas in horrifying...
- 12:55 A blistering day for bangers: Northampton’s sausage and cider...
- 12:55 Nearly 100 university students killed themselves last year - as...
- 12:54 The actors are here! Filming begins as Lincoln Cathedral becomes a...
- 12:54 Are you stuck with a frozen pension? Business owner whose pot is...
- 12:54 Behavioural science firm Mind Gym's founders to receive £50m from...
- 12:54 Carlisle thug jailed for attacking ex-girlfriend
- 12:52 YP Letters: Support for social care is desperately needed
- 12:52 YP Letters: Leaving EU is a fantastic opportunity to buy cheaper food
- 12:52 Here for the beer
- 12:52 How regeneration of Scotland's derelict houses is driving economic...
- 12:52 YP Letters: Don’t build new homeless hostel here
- 12:52 Which teams are out of the World Cup ahead of the last round of...
- 12:51 Kettering care home praised by inspectors
- 12:51 World record-breaking whale set to visit in Harrogate
- 12:51 Health advice for heatwave conditions
- 12:50 Leeds firm could be set to solve World Cup beer crisis
- 12:49 Here's how long the heatwave will last in Scotland
- 12:49 Pervert who 'robbed girl of her childhood' spared jail after...
- 12:48 World record-breaking whale set to visit in Harrogate
- 12:47 Former Sheffield man jailed for historic sex offences against girl
- 12:46 Celebrating our armed forces both past and present
- 12:46 Reunion for old Aylesbury manufacturing company
- 12:46 First-time buyers need 10 and a half years to save for a deposit
- 12:45 Steven Gerrard reveals his ONE regret about his playing career
- 12:45 "A set of cretins" - Wolves transfer saga takes bitter twist
- 12:45 This is the latest Aston Villa favourite to attract transfer...
- 12:45 Man jailed for 20 years for Liam "Smigger" Smith murder wants time...