Scottish government to publish plans for second independence referendum
The Scottish government will set out plans for a second independence referendum next week, Nicola Sturgeon has announced.
Scotland’s First Minister, a leading campaigner for independence, told delegates at the SNP conference in Glasgow she wants Scots to reconsider ‘before the UK leaves the EU’.
World’s longest-reigning monarch has died In September 2014, 55% of voters rejected independence.
However, 62% of Scots voted Remain in the EU referendum, leading to renewed calls for a second independence vote.
Ms Sturgeon also targeted Theresa May, telling the prime minister: ‘If you think for one... read more
- 07:21 Laura Bates picks five books on how to achieve gender equality
- 07:20 Help for people who suffer a hiss, a ring or a hum
- 07:20 Police chief urges parents to make sure their children are safe...
- 07:18 Crying foul: footballer told he could lose his house over unpaid bill
- 07:18 Meghan Markle’s dad says he’s been ‘frozen out’ by the Royal Family
- 07:18 Why didn’t Virgin Active freeze my membership in my maternity leave?
- 07:18 I've met a new partner – how can I ensure my kids get my house?
- 07:15 MISSING: Man missing from home
- 07:15 My girlfriend’s sexual past makes me anxious and irrational
- 07:15 Police chief urges parents to make sure their children are safe...
- 07:13 Coventry traffic news: Ring road, M6, A46, A45, M69 and more
- 07:11 Jupiter looks insanely beautiful in these new pictures from the...
- 07:11 Solution sought for shortage of school places
- 07:10 Man Utd transfer news: Marouane Fellaini opens up on future amid...
- 07:09 Man arrested by immigration officers after restaurant raid
- 07:09 NCS adventure begins for Cumbrian teenagers
- 07:08 Thieves are prowling around Preston Road cemetery and stealing from...
- 07:08 Hull Live: Breaking news, traffic and travel from Hull and East...
- 07:07 Orbit chiefs to face disgruntled tenants
- 07:06 Fax machines dusted off as North and South Korean forces start to...
- 07:06 Gareth 'Alfie' Thomas bids to outlaw homophobic chanting
- 07:06 Not everything makes sense
- 07:05 Hebden Bridge alive with colour as Handmade Parade takes to the...
- 07:05 Rehearsal photographs as Shakespeare’s Rose Theatre opens today in...
- 07:05 Solution sought for shortage of school places
- 07:05 Leeds council drawing up new plan to tackle rough sleeping in city
- 07:02 Arsenal transfer news: Jack Wilshere offered West Ham deal - but...
- 07:01 Lane closed on M6 after truck breaks-down
- 07:01 Greece hit by 5.5 magnitude earthquake off southern coast
- 07:01 Police chief urges parents to make sure their children are safe...