Scots law firms upbeat despite crowded marketplace
Scottish legal firms are “remarkably optimistic” about the coming year even though most believe the profession is over-populated relative to the amount of work available.
Despite the run of consolidation in recent years, more than two-thirds of firms say the market remains saturated. The latest survey of the sector published today by accountancy firm BDO also found that more than half have held merger talks during the past 12 months.
Martin Gill, head of BDO in Scotland, said the market is more “business-oriented and realistic” in the wake of the financial crisis, which has allowed the... read more
- 13:13 Real snow Santa's grotto at Chill Factore – here's how to get tickets
- 12:57 First TV election debate: five things to look out for tonight
- 12:36 Council agrees new measures to tackle climate change
- 12:36 Stratford juniors secure best ever cross country result at Warley...
- 12:03 Aliens are ‘switching our nuclear weapons on and off’, says lobbyist
- 11:49 Sai Aletaha: Fatally hurt MMA fighter was 'liked by everyone'
- 11:03 Six things we learned from Prince Andrew’s ‘disastrous’ Jeffrey...
- 10:36 Family of Lichfield teenager reveal “devastation” after Friary...
- 10:36 Lichfield woman thanks charity for helping her find work as she...
- 10:25 Girl, 7, writes to Father Christmas asking for a home and food
- 10:00 Spark in Burntwood to host fundraising Christmas fair
- 09:29 Radcliffe sexual assault images released
- 08:16 Will Young and James Morrison confirmed for outdoor concert near...
- 06:35 Amateur MMA fighter Sai Aletaha dies after Southampton match injury
- 02:02 What is Jeremy Corbyn’s nuclear weapons policy?