Scots granny 'humiliated' after being thrown out of Tesco store in England over accent
A granny claims she was thrown out of Tesco for being Scottish - after being mistaken for a banned shopper with the same accent.
Aileen MacKellar, 65, popped into the supermarket to buy a pint of milk and a ready meal but was stopped at the till.
The cashier accused her of being banned from the store and when she asked why, she claims she was told: "Because you're Scottish".
It has since emerged another customer with a Scottish accent was escorted from the same store last month, after swearing at staff.
But Aileen has demanded a public apology, saying the incident left her... read more
- 02:04 Pay FTSE 100 CEOs jumps to almost £4 million
- 01:58 Replacement for Daventry warehouse burnt to ground recommended for...
- 01:57 Thibaut Courtois set to miss Real Madrid’s Super Cup clash with...
- 01:39 'Crisis point': New Zealand hit by primary school teacher strike
- 01:36 Inverleith backs hemp-based food and drinks firm
- 01:29 How the humble cabbage can stop cancers
- 01:16 Andrea Jenkyns: Malaria-free world will boost economies
- 01:14 Sergio Ramos hits back at Cristiano Ronaldo over his dig at...
- 01:10 Whitburn GP Thair Altaii jailed for secretly filming women
- 01:10 Camper dies after tree falls on tent in Cornwall
- 01:10 Limited edition Macallan whisky sale leads to road closure
- 01:10 School exclusion of autistic boy unlawful, judge rules
- 00:59 Illinois sues Trump Tower over Chicago River water use
- 00:57 Sudoku 4139 medium
- 00:52 Bernard Ingham: Does Boris Johnson have what it takes to be our...
- 00:47 Andrea Jenkyns: Malaria-free world will boost economies
- 00:47 GP Taylor: State must step in to give rural areas transport
- 00:43 Madonna at 60: The Queen of Pop in seven charts
- 00:33 India-Pakistan pen pals write their own history
- 00:33 BBC reporter's terrifying days amid Taliban assault on Ghazni
- 00:33 Viewpoint: Chinese mosque standoff risks peace in model Muslim...
- 00:32 Government accused of 'total failure' to widen elite university access
- 00:31 Bamford scores first goal for Leeds United in Carabao Cup win over...
- 00:30 Why single Nigerian women battle to rent homes
- 00:28 Lost in translation
- 00:28 Britain’s defiance
- 00:27 FBI warns cash machine global cyber-attack imminent
- 00:25 MPs widely condemn Fraser Anning's 'final solution' speech
- 00:25 'Mum, I was tricked': my daughter, the Kim Jong-nam murder suspect
- 00:24 America's future doctors are skipping school in favor of online...